biggest rookie mistake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macstrange

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ran straight gas through my 075. Now it wont start. What do I need to look for, other than another saw? I'm thinking coil. It has plenty of spark, its getting fuel, but wont fire. Your help is and always has been greatly appreciated. I've learned a lot from you folks. Thanks in advance.

Probably won't start for a number of reasons. First and foremost are the rings welded to the piston? And I wouldn't advise trying to start it until you've fixed it.

New piston and rings.
Judging from what you presented, don't even think about fixing that saw! AND maybe don't get another either. Really, old-cat. I'm sure you've never made a mistake.

Why would you think running straight gas would hurt the coil?
thought heat build up might have fried it.
But I suppose that would cause it to have no spark.
I'm not a small engine mechanic, so these things are not so obvious to me.
But with your help I can figure it out, except for old-cat, he's no help.
Thanks to everyone else though. Much appreciated.

This might cause trouble but I think I remember a passage that read so it came to pass on the third day that Macstrange did fueleth his saw with the straight gas of which we dare not speak......and low a voice came from the stihl dealer saying that let him that hath not dipping his bar upon the stones cast the first mean comment.......or something like that.........

Back