biggest rookie mistake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just my two cents but how did you end up with a monster of a saw. I dont mean to be disrespectful, but thats a big saw( like pro size) I would have got as much info on a tool before I used it. That being said, keep doing your homework on a top end for your saw or post it for sale or trade on your next saw if you feel you do not want to restore it. They are nice saws but are like anything else in life, an aquired taste, not for the faint of heart. Good luck with fixing it or aquiring another, but always try doing research before you buy. Best of luck. P.S if no one here has offered, I will be the first to offer a small McCulloch if you want to pay the ride. Money is a little tight before grass cutting season or it would be free all the way around. There are lots of great people on this site, even if they rib you, they have all been there before, its just funny when it doesnt happen to them ssses... But it has happened to the best of us

I got it for a mill. I've milled a few thousand board feet of eucalyptus, mesquite and pine so far. I've had issues with the saw almost from the beginning, but with the help of members from this site, I've been able to work through them.

Back