Bit the bullet on the 200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I finally got my hands on a 200t the other day and loved it. Went back a couple days later and got it, because the price was going up. Now, I have two climbing saws. The extra reach and power are awesome, definitely the removal saw. I will probably still use the 192t on the lighter trim work, it has the weight advantage. Neither saw is even broke in yet! Can't complain, life is good.
DSCN1735.jpg

the only suggestion i would make to you nails is the next time you put those two ponies in a picture, the show horse goes in front.

your gonna like that saw bud. 14 inch composite lite bar is a good addition.

take the spark arrestor and the baffle that it comes in out. richen it up a C hair and it'll be the stud ive been telling you about.

2hunge!!!

I have the 192T and use it exactly for what was stated above, light trim work...it will cut through larger limbs, but it wont be anywhere near as quick as the 200T. I run my 192T with the 14" bar, and put a 16" bar on my 200T. On trim only jobs with not many large leads, the 192 goes up, but any major lead removal or whole tree removals the 200T goes up, the 16" bar really helps as well with the bigger stuff. But if it cant be cut with the 200T with the 16" bar, then the 460 goes up.....you will definatly love both of those saws and they each shine in thier own way.

I have the 192T and use it exactly for what was stated above, light trim work...it will cut through larger limbs, but it wont be anywhere near as quick as the 200T. I run my 192T with the 14" bar, and put a 16" bar on my 200T. On trim only jobs with not many large leads, the 192 goes up, but any major lead removal or whole tree removals the 200T goes up, the 16" bar really helps as well with the bigger stuff. But if it cant be cut with the 200T with the 16" bar, then the 460 goes up.....you will definatly love both of those saws and they each shine in thier own way.

to each their own of course. but......if i had both the 192 and the 2hunge. that 192 would only be used if the 2hunge fell out of the tree and blew apart.

regardless what the wood in the tree looks like.

Last edited:
Oldirty, that is a primer bulb on the 192t, it also has 2 chokes, one by the kill switch and one by the air filter. Kind of strange but it works.

Thanks for the mod tips, I will get right on it. I knew the 2hunge could handle a 16" bar when I first snoosed the throttle. Do you find yourself wishing you had one much? I am thinking about getting one and running like JS Lanscaping does.

It's safe to say I have enough saws for while. Yeah, that's what I always think.

Last edited:
Nice pic and nice saws! I'm in the market myself for the identical two saws. I'm a 338xpt fan myself, having also used the 335 series as well. I plan on using one for limbing and smaller tree removals and the other for larger material. I got one of my local Stihl shops to get some of the 200T models, so I'm loving that. Now if I get them to get something bigger than a 460, I'd be in trouble!

=================

oldirty said:
take the spark arrestor and the baffle that it comes in out. richen it up a C hair and it'll be the stud ive been telling you about.

Ok, I only understand part of that,being a layman... the part about the precise measurement and being buff is about all I understand. LOL! What exactly does the rest mean?

I'm a saw operator and not much into making adjustments of any kind leaving that to the techs.

StihlRockin'

you remove the spark arrestor and baffle to free up exhaust flow. richen the mixture to equal out the flow. better inhale and exhale = power

Very nice, Nailsbeats.

I recently bought one of the same: 200t. I've had only one opportunity to run it. (Slow going in this business due to snow depths.) I was impressed with the weight to power ratio, though. So far, so good. If all goes well, it will be my main take down saw. The dealer sold it to me with a one year warranty. It's the first Stihl I bought, so I don't know if this has always been the case. My Huskies only came with 90 days. Perhaps the extended warranty is to cover the Chinese attachments. Good luck.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=61272&page=1

Oldirty, that is a primer bulb on the 192t, it also has 2 chokes, one by the kill switch and one by the air filter. Kind of strange but it works.

Thanks for the mod tips, I will get right on it. I knew the 2hunge could handle a 16" bar when I first snoosed the throttle. Do you find yourself wishing you had one much? I am thinking about getting one and running like JS Lanscaping does.

It's safe to say I have enough saws for while. Yeah, that's what I always think.

i actually had a 16inch bar on my 2hunge but i didnt like how it grabbed anyrope in sight and seemed to get caught up in the branches on movements. i downgraded/upgraded to the 14inch composite lite bar.

the way i see it is if i need 16 inches of bar its time for the 359 with an 18 inch bar. or the 371xp with the 20inch. you see what i am getting at. the size of the wood i am cutting is going to tell me what saw to use.

that being said, the 200t will have no problems with the 16inch bar, even in the hard stuff.

i kinda have a raging hard on for saws as of late. i just want to be cutting wood and running my saws so when its time to make cuts with a bigger saw i am going to do it and gladly. in the tree or on the ground.

you remove the spark arrestor and baffle to free up exhaust flow. richen the mixture to equal out the flow. better inhale and exhale = power

plus when you do this it sounds like a dirt bike.

my foreman's saw is down and he borrowed mine for a couple tree's today and man does that saw sound NICE in the wood. at least he knew who's saw to go to in his time of need. lol

ha iv only loaned one of my good saws one time to a very close friend. he brought it right back thinking something was wrong. haha he knows i build hot rod cars and asked if i put my magic on the saw i just smiled. he couldne believe the diff it made. so we did all of his saws the next week

I got to thinking about the 16" bar today and figured it would be unnecessary.
I will stick to the 14" and pull up the big saw when I need it like I am used to.
Sounds about right to me.

I have white oak in my yard I might reduce the crown on tomorrow, if I can get my half sick buddy to run the handline. The 2hunge will be in all it's glory.

Hey Oldirty, I had it right, the show horse in the front and the work horse in the back. No?

Hey Oldirty, I had it right, the show horse in the front and the work horse in the back. No?

if that were the case nails, i probably wouldve put my handsaw out front and then my 2hunge in the back. lol

have some fun with that saw, you are really going to like what it can do.

If I put a 200T in a box full of Huskies, will they fight?

Started with a top handled McCullah? Then 335s, the pair or 338XPTs have not been up to par lately so, went out and bought a 200T yesterday. 620 bucks plus tax, OUCH. Seems like 8 or 9 out of 10 posting on AS have been ranting about them so figured "they can't all be wrong". Just a little cutting in the log pile so far, to soon to tell. Balance seems less nose heavy than 338. Easier on the wrist? Tomorrow will limb up and chunk down a 65/70 foot white pine to start the day, and then on to some locust limbing. Anything I should be aware of like certain screws that like to loosen up or whatever? 200T feels lighter with 16 inch bar than 338 with a 14. I think I will like. . .

i love my hushies as well.

but stihl has a winner with the 192 and the 200.they are both great saws.they both balance out perfect with the 14".i wanted to try the e-lite bar but i was worried about how durable it would be.i will try one if i ever need a new bar.

i did a muffler mod on the 192 and when it broke in it really impressed me.i chunked out a red oak with it and i never pulled the 200 up once.unfortunately i sold the 192 to a climber i knew who needed a saw right away with limited funds but i really wish i still had it.

husky needs to try harder in this department,no doubt.i picked up a new 338 the other day at the dealer and it just didn't feel right.the handle feels more centered on the Stihl top handles.the Dolmar 3410 felt just like the Husky,too far back with the handle.i have been promised a demo unit for over 6 months now.i'm thinking the "accidentally" lost it.i'd give a demo a shot though.i'm not buying it blind.

Back