Black Friday 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said in another thread, you poor saps buying Wild Things better go any buy about 4.00 of Tygon fuel line or plan on replacing fuel line and a carb rebuild in sixty days. Husky should be ashamed putting little better than vinyl fuel lines on that saw. I see people everyday who couldn't afford anymore saw come in, the fuel lines have dissolved, carb inlet screen full of the melted goo. We charge 14.99 for carb kits, 35.00 for the carb rebuild, 3-4.00 for the fuel line, tell them right up front 60.00-65.00 bucks, and they spend it because it's all they can afford. Spending 60-65% to repair a saw of that quality is a crime when Poulan/Husky could resolve it for a couple of bucks when they are manafactured. I feel sorry for those that buy them. You should try to get warranty money out of Poulan, we won't do warranty work on them anymore period. Not a bad little saw other than the dissappearing fuel lines.

Is that their clear line? I'm suspicious of that. I put some in a few saws, but I use non E fuel too. I don't like to use it though and will wind up buying a roll or two of real fuel line online sometime.

Neither the local husky or stihl dealers are carrying the guaranteed to deal with 30% ethanol tygon, I get the deer in the headlights look when I asked for it.

Like I said in another thread, you poor saps buying Wild Things better go any buy about 4.00 of Tygon fuel line or plan on replacing fuel line and a carb rebuild in sixty days.

We are clearly getting into a whole 'nother thread here, but since Zogger chimed in . . .

I noticed this paragraph at the back of the owner's manual for a new Echo CS400 saw, and thought that it was interesting. Not sure what it means, but someone thought it was important enough to bury at the back (just before the inverted, Spanish version of the manual):

NOTE
Federal EPA regulations require all model year 2012 and later gasoline powered engines produced for sale in the United States to be equipped with a special low permeation fuel supply hose between the carburetor and fuel tank. When servicing model year 2012 and later equipment, only fuel supply hoses certified by EPA can be used to replace the original equipment supply hose. Fines up to $37,500 may be enforced for using an un-certified replacement part.

Does this mean that the newer fuel lines are better?

Philbert

We are clearly getting into a whole 'nother thread here, but since Zogger chimed in . . .

I noticed this paragraph at the back of the owner's manual for a new Echo CS400 saw, and thought that it was interesting. Not sure what it means, but someone thought it was important enough to bury at the back (just before the inverted, Spanish version of the manual):

NOTE
Federal EPA regulations require all model year 2012 and later gasoline powered engines produced for sale in the United States to be equipped with a special low permeation fuel supply hose between the carburetor and fuel tank. When servicing model year 2012 and later equipment, only fuel supply hoses certified by EPA can be used to replace the original equipment supply hose. Fines up to $37,500 may be enforced for using an un-certified replacement part.

Does this mean that the newer fuel lines are better?

Philbert

I would *hope* so! The sheer volume of returned small engine equipment with melted destroyed fuel lines must have been a kick in the nads to all the small engine manufacturers. That and scored pistons because of mandated settings that had no basis in engineering reality.

Once 15% ethanol fuel hits hard, just wait, the used market will be flooded with CL ads like "saw/trimmer/blower, etc was running good, just needs a tune up most likely..."

Heck, think of all the plastic fuel cans out there once they get tasked with storing that crap fuel.

And then older cars.....

Latest posts

Back