"Black Max" ended / final $$$$$$$$$$$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a Black Max Super Magnum Turbo XP West Coast Special?
That would be false advertising.This one is a "cornfield special" ,with a go faster paint job and a short pruning bar that has a long reach.Not for the faint of heart or weak of back.:hmm3grin2orange:

To that guy, it was apparently worth $350. I agree that he is very open with what it is, just sweetens the pot a bit with the incredible verbage.

Could you build one for me in rattle-can blue?

Mark

Would it be bad form to call jomoco and congratulate him on his winning bid?

That saw has a LOT of new parts on it. I'm willing to bet that it will last a long time. I think it could be worth the money. If he is good at tuning , it might run GREAT!

This crazy price for the saw leads to my pet theory on Ebay.

1) the suspense of bidding against other people.
2) the excitement of winning the auction
3) the anticipation of waiting of said item to show up at your door.

btw, in a related vein, if you want to bid on seats at a concert, go for 3 seats, it will be cheaper than 2 often as not.

That saw has a LOT of new parts on it. I'm willing to bet that it will last a long time. I think it could be worth the money. If he is good at tuning , it might run GREAT!
Well old bud,let this old timer give you a little wake up call,that thing would run for coons age with no new parts.I've had one for 30 years and never had the carb off it.

Those things aren't bullet proof but close to it.It could be worth 350 to somebody but not to me .I've gotten some just as squeeky clean in the $75 range.I think in the last 2 or 3 years I've turned over 4 or 5 .The worst of any was a bad coil,about 25 bucks to fix it.

Last edited:
I just meant that buyers should know what can happen on ebay. It is way too easy to set up a shill on ebay, and it is easy to get sucked into the "I'm gonna beat that guy" frame of mind when bidding. I see it at local auctions as well. Some things sell for more than you could buy it new. .

I wish people would go crazy on my auctions :biggrinbounce2:
doesn't happen very often unless I have something rare.

I have been at local "impound" auctions and watched people bid for a car at crazy prices. Cars would go for what they were selling on street. That was crazy as you couldn't drive the cars to see what the condition was. that's exuberance, a ebay auction is usually much less exciting.
So your point is taken.

We ought to get a few of us together and see who can come up with the craziest Ebay auction and get the most bids. Rules would be that the auction must be for something no one in their right mind would consider of value, say a chunk of dirt or a cow turd. That could get interesting. :hmm3grin2orange:

It's Ebay, people drink the kool-aid and off to the races they go.

Reminds me, I actually have some junk to get rid of. One of these days.

Latest posts

Back