Blue spruce top

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorytea

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The very top of my 9' blue spruce appears to be dead, just the last 8" or so of the tree. It doesn't appear to be broken and the rest of the tree appears healthy. Is this a symtom of any disease? It has been extremely wet here in central New York. Thanks, Paul

thanks rborist1, I think I will try to get to the top and look for any bore holes. I'll let you know. Paul

rborist1,
i cut the top out of the spruce today and see no bore holes. I can see no evidence as to why it died off. Thanks for your help.
Paul

rborist1,
Right now if I were to post a picture, it would look like a healthy blue spruce without a top leader. The top is sitting on a table on the deck and looks like it is brown and dead. Upon closer inspection- there does appear to be almost like silver paint running down the main stem. I could get a picture but it will take a while. This tree was developing so well I hate to lose it. Thanks for assisting me. Now I'm going to go back to the site you posted to reread the symtoms. I do not see any bore holes.
Paul

Latest posts

Back