Bluemax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondackstihl

Flyz, Fuel & Fotos
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fsa58N8y0IU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Who's gonna be the first to port one of these turds......

The only port associated with that saw is Shanghai...

By the way, who sharpened that chain???

Last edited:
They are RedMax clones like the Earthquakes. I'm not sure if they are the same manufacturer, but I think so. Most of us playing with the Earthquakes had the 38cc, which is a copy of the smaller G3800.

The 45cc saws are based on the mid sized RedMax saws (like the G5000). Many of them are made as 52cc, some even 60cc. Might be able to pick up a big bore kit cheap.

Last edited:
OMG That`s painful,.must be safety chain of some sort. It might actually cut if it had a good and sharp chain.

At first it looked like it was pulling noodles rather than chips, but that might just be the poor video. I think a couple of guys on a misery whip could out cut it.

I hope that chain wasn't brand new?? :bang:

And the starting? Is there a primer bulb? If not, did it pop before you turned the choke off the 1st time?

I've always looked at the Earthquakes and never gave a second thought. But after reading what there a clone of? I may pick one up. (But if the chain is lie, that one? It will be swapped out for something that cuts about 100 times faster)

You sure there was actually a chain on that bar?

I have never used it but I have heard good things about Stihl chain. I might just have to get a loop of it for the Quake the next time I play with it. It will probably cost me half as much as the saw.....:laugh:

Stihl chain is all I run on my saws, it is a bit more expensive but lasts really well in our clean wood. I like the way it cuts and the way it feels on my Stihl saws.

that was painful to watch,,, i didn't count the number of pulls to start it,,, nothing like having a sore shoulder,,, put a real chain on that and see what happens

I've often considered buying one of these clone saws if the price was right. Just something to experiment with. Just some friendly advice Stihl Ps 3 will make a difference. It can't but much of a turd it sounds like it's got about 1800 rpm to give up to a nice chain.

Last saw that i watched cutting that slow had the chain on backwards. I have got one of those 45cc saws with Stihl coloured covers on it. It came with a 50 gauge 325 semi chisel chain and a 63 gauge bar that was stamped 58 gauge. The bar had a nice curve to the left as well. After i straightened the bar and put the correct size chain on it, it cuts really well.

all kidding aside, thanks for taking the time to do the video. The saw should cut much better but the conditions were not ideal. The wood was not secured and the carb and chain probably need some tweaking. I have a 52cc version of that saw in another color and it starts easy and snaps to full throttle rather quick. I will post a video of it first chance I get.:rock:

Hi!:msp_confused: Please go out & buy yourself a log stand before you end at the ER!:msp_scared: Also get a new Oregon chain! Thanks!

all kidding aside, thanks for taking the time to do the video. The saw should cut much better but the conditions were not ideal. The wood was not secured and the carb and chain probably need some tweaking. I have a 52cc version of that saw in another color and it starts easy and snaps to full throttle rather quick. I will post a video of it first chance I get.:rock:

Sure hope you guys don't think this is my video? Just something I stumbled upon.
I would never buy one of these things......

Held one in my hands at Menards, that was enough for me. What a heavy clunker. I do like the 25:1 oil sticker on it though, you don't see a lot of them around.

Latest posts

Back