Bluenosers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootsie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok,
How many members are from Nova Scotia? If the bulk of us are in close proximity we should have a get together.

I am sure we could fit you in Lee., was thinking of you while working on another 670 today, dang Jonniereds LOL.
Pioneerguy600

Those JReds must fall from the sky over there. Wish we would get that rain here. :) I wish I could come over for a GTG, but it is a far drive, and the CAT is pretty expensive. I could canoe it, but I might end up in Greenland.

:cheers:

Those JReds must fall from the sky over there. Wish we would get that rain here. :) I wish I could come over for a GTG, but it is a far drive, and the CAT is pretty expensive. I could canoe it, but I might end up in Greenland.

Still fixing up that box lot that was dropped on my doorstep, three more to go and that bunch is done.I learned a few things about the Jreds that I did not previously know so it was worth the time resurrecting the old clunkers. LOL.
Pioneerguy600

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3544.JPG

Last edited:

Plant: Your from Maine right? The wife and I went over there last summer for our honeymoon. We found it was a very beautiful place and lots of nice people, alot like N.S.

We took the CAT over and it was expensive but was a good trip. We drove back and that was nice too.

Plant: Your from Maine right? The wife and I went over there last summer for our honeymoon. We found it was a very beautiful place and lots of nice people, alot like N.S.

We took the CAT over and it was expensive but was a good trip. We drove back and that was nice too.

Yep, near Bangah. The Mainahs are pretty friendly here, very friendly. I moved up here from PA and it is a different world.

I hope to make it to NS this summer. I will be in NB and PEI a lot in the next few years. I will be collaborating with Ag-Canada and a few universities for my PhD. Maybe I can meet some of you folks on one of my trips. :cheers:

I thought there would be more. Does anyone have a decent place to have a gtg. My postage stamp yard will not cut it, so to speak.

Ok,
How many members are from Nova Scotia? If the bulk of us are in close proximity we should have a get together.

What are you guys going to use for wood? Or are you going to import some bigger stuff so you can make 10 x 10's? When I was up there, there wasn't anything to big for me to drag in person...Rick

Bluenose

The bluenose was a sailing ship, and is embossed on the back of our dime,10 cents
Lawrence
And I certainly can't see Nova Scotia from where I live,otherwise i would wave at Jerry!

I used to live in Portland...wasn't that the name of the ferry?

Yes the ferry that used to run to Bar Harbour was called the Bluenose, The Scotia prince ran to Portland. In recent years anyway, I have heard of other ships from my father but they were well before my time.

The original Bluenose was a sailing ship (Schooner) that was built in Lunenburg N.S. and was a fishing vessel and also had several racing victorys. That ship is long gone but now there is the Bluenose II which is more for show than anything and it goes on the tall ship tours.

Last edited:
What are you guys going to use for wood? Or are you going to import some bigger stuff so you can make 10 x 10's? When I was up there, there wasn't anything to big for me to drag in person...Rick

Hey Rick, I can drop some stuff that will crush ya,LOL . Trees on my lots are only babies at around 36" on the stump but I have cut 60-62" DBH Hemlock along the Brooke road at my grandfathers place in Bear River. I have a 55" yellow birch to cut this summer to make table tops from, Going to put the 090 and a 60" bar to work on it.
Pioneerguy600

Yep the term originated with the old saltbankers and the Gloucester fishermen, the Nova Scotians had a lot of runny noses from the cold maritime air and when cold the nose turns a little blue / purple . When the lads from here ran a load of fish down south the fishermen down there nicknamed them Bluenosers and it seemed to stick for the last couple hundred years.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back