Bluetooth Headphones

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic2397

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I run a rather small operation in which many times I have to either be part of the crew, stump grinding, mechanic, etc. We all know the missed call is the worst thing to happen, especially if they don't leave a message which I think is increasing. I also don't see the need or have the budget for a secretary/office manager (that may very well become the wife's job soon enough!). I have also looked into answering services, but they are rather pricey and I don't feel too confident that it will fit my needs. I have been using wired headphones the past couple weeks and they work OK while on a job, but i don't like the wire hanging down in the way or sticking to my slightly perspiring back. The other day I saw a guy with headphones that were bluetooth and I thought man, that would be perfect. I picked up a pair of the Jabra Sport ones from my local cell dealer but I am a bit disappointed with them as they don't offer any hearing protection at all and they just don't fit me very well. I was wondering if any of you have tried anything out there and what you thought of them. Hopefully, you can share brand/model info with us too. Thanks in advance.

Luke

Yep. I bought these: 3M Peltor Bluetooth Hearing Protection Headset Botach gave me prompt shipping, and I had no complaints.

They are fabulous. You take phone calls while you are running the stump grinder, feeding the chipper, whatever. Excellent hearing protection, I wove mine into my hard hat with the headband above the 6-point suspension of my Husqvarna hard hat.

My only complaint is that they are a good bit tighter on my head than most earmuff, and they are pretty warm, too.

The noise cancelling is unbelievable. The people I talk to generally tell me they cannot hear any background noise, even though I am in a very loud environment.

You can only get them in high-vis yellow, but the link I posted is the best price you will find. I don't mind the color, I think it looks neat. It also matches my company shirts. They are commonly available for hundreds of dollars elsewhere.

Buy 'em. They let you talk on the phone and keep working.

Last edited:
A pic, mounted up with my hardhat:

attachment.php

Yep. That is a better mount for use with hard hats. Also, that seems to be a newer model, since it claims to link to music players. Mine doesn't do that.

On the other hand, the newer versions cost about $350.00, and I could purchase the hard hat mounts if I wished to spend the bucks. They would not, however, be compatible with my favorite hard hat and face screen. I generally go for the cheapest version of something that works best.

I suspect that the hard hat mounted version does not clamp onto your head as tight as the headband version. Those thing are practically glued to you when you put them on. Woven through the suspension the way I did, they increase how well my hard hat stays on. For $260 savings, I can live with the difference.

Latest posts

Back