Blunt Force Trauma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.S. Do you know how to tell if a logger is badly injured?

"Get me to the hospital...I'm ###### up"........Not too badly injured
"Where's my saw? is it okay?..........................Badly injured
"Chainsaw? What chainsaw?".........................OH NO!!

:eek:

Very glad you're alright. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I have a Skullgard like miners and ironworkers wear. Is that a good hardhat for falling or would the metal ones be better? I know the 'glass Skullgards are tough, but I could see it shattering where the metal one would deform, but not necessarily break. Am I way off here? Should I get a metal one for falling work?

I didn't see this before - good that this is ending well, the margins are small!

Make sure you save that cap as a reminder!

Keep healing well, and be careful with that neck for a while! :cheers::yourock:

I have a hardhat, but never use it - birches usually don't have widow-makers on them.....
Sawtroll, after this one, I don't think I'll ever walk into the bush without a hardhat.
Men without hats can work for decades in the bush and only need one once, so now I'm a convert. Lol
John

Very glad you're alright. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I have a Skullgard like miners and ironworkers wear. Is that a good hardhat for falling or would the metal ones be better? I know the 'glass Skullgards are tough, but I could see it shattering where the metal one would deform, but not necessarily break. Am I way off here? Should I get a metal one for falling work?

All I can recommend is Peltor or Stihl as the best two hardhat, face shield and ear muff combos, they are what I wear/use.

Pioneerguy600

Sawtroll, after this one, I don't think I'll ever walk into the bush without a hardhat.
Men without hats can work for decades in the bush and only need one once, so now I'm a convert. Lol
John

So you've had your chance and you weren't wearing that hardhat; won't happen again now, you're safe! :yoyo:

Weird, I haven't breathed a wrod about this, but Kelli just called and said she just left TSC and Christian wants to get me the Husky system for Christmas. She asked if I'd wear it and I said yes, even better of she got me the yellow Skull Bucket!!! SCORE!

With all of the joking you have done lately, I didnt read this until now. You've been around this place even longer than I have and I am thankful you will be ok. PPE is goofy looking, but it works. The Man above has kept you around for a reason, maybe to keep us laughing...:laugh:

Anyway, here's to you John, Glad you are ok...

attachment.php

P.S. See, your only protection was a ballcap....LOL!!!!!!

Back