Bone to pick with Mastermind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a member on here that swears by him. Said he's ported 23 of his saws and never had a single complaint/ issue other than excessive fuel consumption. Same guys got the next 4 scheduled for Aug 26,27th.
Seriously though, Randy treats his customers like family. He values friendship more than the almighty dollar. He is a "once in a lifetime" kind of friend- Ive never met another person like him.
Several years ago, I sent a saw I had just bought off CL to have it ported and it wound up being a basketcase needing a full rebuild and I was upside down big time. When I went to pick it up and settle up, he told me "let's just chaulk it up to life experience" and refused payment. That made such an impression on me that I will always use him as long as Im foolin with saws and he is building them. I dont mind waiting 6-8 monthes for him to get around to mine while he takes care of his other customers and he knows that my business isnt going anywhere.

I typically don't like to engage in this kind of thread, but if you are one of the thousands of people in line to have your saw ported, I felt it was my duty to share my recent experience with Mastermind so you would all know what kind of person you will be dealing with.

Here's the situation. About a year ago Randy ported a saw for me. I sent the saw for some logging training, and it was reported the saw may not have been running right. The saw took a few detours, but wound up back in Jamestown, TN last week. So Randy took it apart and found issues with the carb and coil. At the same time, he reported the cylinder to upgrade it to his newest porting strategy.
Here's the kicker. Do you know what that ****er charged me for reporting the saw and fixing the carb/timing issues? Nothing. I didn't even ask him to redo the port work.
So now I have guilt. To make matters worse, I ran the saw today, and it sprayed chips everywhere. Luckily I was in the woods, or I would have had some major clean up to do. Also, the chips came off the "blade" with such speed that they stung my thigh a little. I'm a pretty tough guy, so I didn't cry, but I did get a bit misty.
Anyway, before trusting your saw to this guy, I wanted y'all to know what kind of man he is. A pretty damn honorable man
Your avatar scared my dog. GTFO.

Come on now, Did the saw come back running in the box. We know you didn't start it. So who started the saw?
my moneys on the wife
Actually, mastermind is so considerate that he took my physical limitations into consideration and shipped the saw running. It now has an external 50 gallon accessory fuel tank so it never stops.
This is how my three "too hard to start" saws are stored

So you need the blue button on your saws. Do you need the blue pill for the wife?

Thanks for the nod Jon.

Just glad to help.

I'm tired fellers. This Bonnaroo thing.....welp, it kicked my old ass this year. We finished tearing the fajita stand down at 3AM, I was packing my camp up at 5AM. Drove home, and crashed out. Hell, I just woke up.....

Can't wait to see the lineup for next year. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back