Bone to pick with Mastermind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about it. That is the way history is.

You have to build hundreds and hundreds of bridges before you are known as "the bridge builder", but but the first time you screw just one goat you are instantly labeled "the goat fu........"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The local variation on this theme is you can do 999 good jobs & nobody says a word, you make 1 mistake/foul up, & the guy has the most relations & the biggest mouth in town

No Duane, a recovering addict.

I've been clean for nearly a decade now, but still work my steps, and go to meetings.

I can't tell you how many people I have seen with double digit clean time end up relapsing and dying. For someone like me, one oh **** could be a death sentence.

"We keep what we have only with vigilance".

Found this thread on accident. Definitely worth digging up. Randy did two saws for me. Both he gave me extra time and parts. Even a 090 piston he cashed in a favor, no extra charge!

The 090av saw became a money pit and I had to sell it once randy fixed it. Ole randy saved me shipping costs back to me, auctioned it off on ebay, shipped it to winner and paypaled me the money. Did not ask for anything in return. By the way, that saw went for over $1200.

Dont care how long the waiting line is for my next saw to be done by him. He has my business.

No Duane, a recovering addict.

I've been clean for nearly a decade now, but still work my steps, and go to meetings.

I can't tell you how many people I have seen with double digit clean time end up relapsing and dying. For someone like me, one oh **** could be a death sentence.

"We keep what we have only with vigilance".
thats never going to happen to you sir...........we simply won't allow it.

Never fear.... Me and my Ol' buddy Randy keep a close eye out for each others health and well being. I'd drop anything I was doing if I got the call.

Found this thread on accident. Definitely worth digging up. Randy did two saws for me. Both he gave me extra time and parts. Even a 090 piston he cashed in a favor, no extra charge!

The 090av saw became a money pit and I had to sell it once randy fixed it. Ole randy saved me shipping costs back to me, auctioned it off on ebay, shipped it to winner and paypaled me the money. Did not ask for anything in return. By the way, that saw went for over $1200.

Dont care how long the waiting line is for my next saw to be done by him. He has my business.

I feel the same. He has done 23 saws for me now. I've waited half a year to get saws back before.... and I would wait longer. He knows he always has my business and he can take care of new/newer customers in front of me. There are many stories like yours about Randy. And Im sure there are many more that have not been shared. Just speaks to the Man he is. I've had a similar experience with a saw that was a money pit, and when I went to pay for the additional work.... he said "let's just chaulk it up to a life lesson" and refused my money. I will never take my business anywhere else, and he knows that. Hell, I wont even buy a saw that has been ported by another builder- just bc of the principle of the matter.

I feel the same. He has done 23 saws for me now. I've waited half a year to get saws back before.... and I would wait longer. He knows he always has my business and he can take care of new/newer customers in front of me. There are many stories like yours about Randy. And Im sure there are many more that have not been shared. Just speaks to the Man he is. I've had a similar experience with a saw that was a money pit, and when I went to pay for the additional work.... he said "let's just chaulk it up to a life lesson" and refused my money. I will never take my business anywhere else, and he knows that. Hell, I wont even buy a saw that has been ported by another builder- just bc of the principle of the matter.

I feel the same way

Love reading stuff like this. Nice to know there are still good-hearted people out there, and he seems almost like a poster child, er...man for that. Can't wait to have a saw done by Randy. I'm really considering taking my PP455 just across the mountains a few hours and letting him hack at it. Any opinions on that saw being a good candidate? I know they are monsters in their class already.

And lastly, but def not least...Congrats on your journey/recovery Randy. A decade is a loooong time for something like that. Hope for many, many more years of Monkey'n around.

Latest posts

Back