Bookerdog's PNW Freedom Fest Chainsaw Rally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
Put the Solo through some paces today getting wood for the get together.
attachment.php

Wish I had some of these trees to bring down to the field. A old 6to 7ft stump from logging years ago.
attachment.php

See Im not biase.
attachment.php

One my way home tonight I had snow and rain mix at 4 corners in Maple valley. Further up it was snowing so hard I could hardly see out of the windshield.
About 2" on the ground and more falling. Wonder if the kids will have late arrival tomorrow?

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread...:cry:

Food, saws, trees, beer, good people, and the PNW.... Sounds like way too much fun to miss.

I'm thinking about signing up for yet another credit card to buy a plane ticket. The other 2 are already maxed out....Thanks CAD!! :monkey:

I'm already getting anxious for pics! Hopefully you'll all have some fun. I think I'll start saving now for the next one.

:cheers:

I'm thinking about signing up for yet another credit card to buy a plane ticket. The other 2 are already maxed out....Thanks CAD!!

That statement is more scary than waking up to see a man in a ski mask with a shotgun standing at the foot of your bed. Pay off those cards man! They're costing you more than you know. Sorry, credit cards are a little pet peeve of mine, been there done that with a $12k balance card in my youth. I have a gas card now for the first time since then and I pay it off twice a month. I've had it since last August, not paid a penny in interest or fees of any kind, and they've paid me $100 in free gas for using it. Credit cards are not inherently a bad thing IF used responsibly.

Ian

That statement is more scary than waking up to see a man in a ski mask with a shotgun standing at the foot of your bed. Pay off those cards man! They're costing you more than you know. Sorry, credit cards are a little pet peeve of mine, been there done that with a $12k balance card in my youth. I have a gas card now for the first time since then and I pay it off twice a month. I've had it since last August, not paid a penny in interest or fees of any kind, and they've paid me $100 in free gas for using it. Credit cards are not inherently a bad thing IF used responsibly.

Ian

No, I was kidding about it being from CAD. I'm young and don't have a lot of credit built up, so the combined limit is only $2500. I've actually declined when they offered to up my limit. I'm in school and don't work much during the school year, so I need them to get by. I'm actually very conscious of where my money goes. I use the cards for gas, groceries, phone bills and things of that nature. I make good money working landscape construction 60-70 hours a week in the summers and always pay them off. It's yearly cycle: build 'em up and pay 'em off. If I didn't have a sure way to pay them during the summer, they would have been cut up long ago. Don't worry, I'm not running around to malls and stihl dealers buying stuff i don't absolutely need, and never anything I can't afford.

I've seen some people get in trouble with them, and definately agree that some shouldn't be allowed to have them.

Last edited:
No, I was kidding about it being from CAD. I'm young and don't have a lot of credit built up, so the combined limit is only $2500. I've actually declined when they offered to up my limit. I'm in school and don't work much during the school year, so I need them to get by. I'm actually very conscious of where my money goes. I use the cards for gas, groceries, phone bills and things of that nature. I make good money working landscape construction 60-70 hours a week in the summers and always pay them off. It's yearly cycle: build 'em up and pay 'em off. If I didn't have a sure way to pay them during the summer, they would have been cut up long ago. Don't worry, I'm not running around to malls and stihl dealers buying stuff i don't absolutely need, and never anything I can't afford.

I've seen some people get in trouble with them, and definately agree that some shouldn't be allowed to have them.

Good for you. Sounds like someone gave you some good advice at one time.:cheers:

Back