Bookerdog's PNW Freedom Fest Chainsaw Rally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost about 20 marigolds earlier this week to a cold morning. I had them planted among the Sugar Snap Peas. My wife said it would keep the rabbits from eating them to the ground.

Ian

I just went out to cover things up.. too late.. trees are bending over... fushias are going black...garden will be toast.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

...and it's not supposed to even get cold until Sunday :cry: :cry: :cry:

and... it's 7.50pm and 32f... Never happened in the 20 years I've been here...

Al Gore: you SUCK!!!

i just got home, after driving in slush... in Seattle at 4pm today, the temp was around 50 and it was snowing... by the time i'd driven 20 miles up to Everett, it was almost blinding snow storm... yeppers, Lakeside, we got a bit here today! Not much for December, but more then a gracious plenty for mid-April!!!

I just went out to cover things up.. too late.. trees are bending over... fushias are going black...garden will be toast.

...and it's not supposed to even get cold until Sunday

and... it's 7.50pm and 32f... Never happened in the 20 years I've been here...

Al Gore: you SUCK!!!

I just had a call from a customer for whom we just reduced a 40 foot long elm branch (I footlocked up on it at the halfway point and cut away.) His poor structured thundercloud plum had a leader fail onto the roof. He was hoping another section wouldn't break and land on his power lines....He's near Lake Stickney, and it was dumping--at about 6:30 pm. 3 inches he said. I'd come south on the freeway at about 4:30. At that time there was less than an inch in that area. It snowed for an hour or so at my place, about 300 feet above the Sound, and near Richmond Beach. Over an inch fell. Edit that, I see it's still snowing lightly, easily 2 inches now. 9:50 pm.

Here's a coupla pics, some from northwest of Monroe, mid afternoon.

Awesome Flowering cherry grove:
2423940513_795b9c6bf1_o.jpg

Same yard, purple plum
2424754102_15bca4d76e_o.jpg

Old growth cedar stump at potential customer's home, close to 18 feet across

2424754332_bc04cbc915_o.jpg

My Japanese maple, struggling.....

2424754666_d30bf24d6d_o.jpg

Last edited:
I must live in a banana belt. Only an inch of snow on the ground here. I must go out and bring in more scrappy bottom pile wood to burn if I want a fire. There's 3 cords of green wood drying out at the money pit. Only junky campfire type wood that is seasoned here. I'm thinking about burning the furniture next month if the weather stays like this. :eek:

I must live in a banana belt. Only an inch of snow on the ground here. I must go out and bring in more scrappy bottom pile wood to burn if I want a fire. There's 3 cords of green wood drying out at the money pit. Only junky campfire type wood that is seasoned here. I'm thinking about burning the furniture next month if the weather stays like this. :eek:

Ahhhh...that's too bad. I'm on my way out to weed the tomatoes as soon as I find my sunglasses and sweatband. :) :) :)

we'll likely take the kinder-gentler approach... One of those fairground seats suspended above the [frozen] water tank - we throw our empties at the target until he releases, give him one lite beer, and it all starts again:greenchainsaw:

man i wish i could make it out to this thing!! if there is another one around the 1st week of august i'll prolly be able to make it

man i wish i could make it out to this thing!! if there is another one around the 1st week of august i'll prolly be able to make it

If there is one around that time I sure hope we are done with the cold weather. I don't see having a good crop of tomatoes this year.

we'll likely take the kinder-gentler approach... One of those fairground seats suspended above the [frozen] water tank - we throw our empties at the target until he releases, give him one lite beer, and it all starts again:greenchainsaw:

And we like our beers in bottles. I think I'll bring some of the 20 ounce bottles of Rogue Ale cuz they'll make a real "impression". :greenchainsaw:
Don't worry, we'll get him back when he is whining in August about 120 degrees in the shade, and we've got the natural air conditioning. I go through this with some Collyfonians every year. They planted tomatoes last weekend but come July or June they'll be whining about $700 air conditioning bills. :)

Don't worry, we'll get him back when he is whining in August about 120 degrees in the shade, and we've got the natural air conditioning. :)

yea..u prolly will..if this year is anything like last year we will have some days that are 105*+ with a heat index of 110*+. i can only run a saw for about 8 hours on those days

oh, i do like the way you think... i was sitting here, trying to figure what act could be committed on dear ole Bob... bu then you stepped in for me... thanks, Andy!!!

LOL...Quit encouraging him. Our hot weather is on it's way. Since I live in the valley and work in the mountains I see all the extremes. In September I usually know it's going to be a hot day when I work up a sweat just putting the saws in the pickup at two in the morning.

We've had a long, gradual, and very dry Spring. I think fire season will be early this year.

LOL...Quit encouraging him. Our hot weather is on it's way. Since I live in the valley and work in the mountains I see all the extremes. In September I usually know it's going to be a hot day when I work up a sweat just putting the saws in the pickup at two in the morning.

We've had a long, gradual, and very dry Spring. I think fire season will be early this year.

LOL!!!!! Same here I leave Home @ 0300 and you dont have to do much to be sweating here either,,,, LOL!!!

That's when I taunt you guys with something like, Hmmmm, I finally switched from the flannel to the smooth cotton sheets, or we're having 50 degree nights finally, time to put the down comforter away. Yup, can't wait.:clap:
But right now I've got to have lights on in the house to read and the ground is once again turning white outside.

Latest posts

Back