Boomerang shot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew346

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I think its Bereneks book where mention is made of the boomerang shot, where you throw the throwline and weight horizontally to a limb and yank it back mid throw, then you use some sort of amazing coordination and reflex to then unweight it so the end result is that it curls around the limb and wings straight back to you!! It sounds amazing id love to see it done. Any of the pros here use this shot? Quick search on youtube doesnt show what im looking for.

Just curious is all
regards
a

It's not really hard to do at all, except up in a tree where you need it.

With lots of extra room, you just tug it back at the right time, let go of the line at the magic moment, and let the swing bring it to you with the extra line you had ready to feed out.

It's completely impossible in your average tree, because the big swing will hang on other branches.

Less room...smaller swing...more critical timing....less chance of making it.

I did this this weekend, I think. I threw my bag and line up above and out to re-rig a line. It came back all right, hit me so damn har I had a charlie horse, 14oz's comes at you real fast with a lot of line out, but it ultimatley did what I wanted.

Back