Bought a 385

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you are on the trace of something, regular gas is 95 octane, and Premium is 98 octane here, 92 octane is availiable at a few stations, but not usual at all.

The old Jreds 621 "calls" for 1:25, but has been run on 1:50 Aspen Alky/Synthetic Gas/Oil premix for lots of years, with no apparent ill effects....

A friend of me have one old Jonsered that he use and abuse, and he run 50:1
:greenchainsaw:

Great saw you got there. But that is also a great saw you had. I would like to see a comparison report between the two. A P50 is no slouch by any means.

Your owners manual has a mis-print. The oiler screw has 4 positions that are 90 degrees apart. I know the manual says turns but, it should say clicks or positions.
Gregg

I guess that applies to the 385/390, and not to the 372 etc??

It sounds like your 372 oiler is like my 2171 oiler...there is no 'stop' on the counter-clockwise movement of the oiler. (You can keep backin' out the screw all you want, but you're only gonna get just so much oil...)

My 2159 was more like the 385 described above. (But as I recall it only had three settings.)

It sounds like your 372 oiler is like my 2171 oiler...there is no 'stop' on the counter-clockwise movement of the oiler. (You can keep backin' out the screw all you want, but you're only gonna get just so much oil...)

My 2159 was more like the 385 described above. (But as I recall it only had three settings.)

On mine 2171 the oiler is like Grande Dog explain, and have full stop counter-clockwise out. My 2152 and 2159 have three settings like wood_newbie explain.

On mine 2171 the oiler is like Grande Dog explain, and have full stop counter-clockwise out. My 2152 and 2159 have three settings like wood_newbie explain.

:D On my 372, I can turn the adjustment screw at least 4 turns out, without reaching a stop.........:D

My 353 has the 3 position thingy......

I'm going to get a 385 before they quit making them. I'm going to get 20" and 24" bars for it. The 20" will be used mostly. I'm getting the 24" because I think that after I mod it the 20" won't be able to stop it/even put a load on it. I'm thinking a bout a 390xp after I get all my new saws currently on my list. Let us know how she turns out.:rockn: :D :rock:

I'm going to get a 385 before they quit making them. I'm going to get 20" and 24" bars for it. The 20" will be used mostly. I'm getting the 24" because I think that after I mod it the 20" won't be able to stop it/even put a load on it. I'm thinking a bout a 390xp after I get all my new saws currently on my list. Let us know how she turns out.:rockn: :D :rock:

I believe there is no point in having both the 385 and 390, unless you need two saws that size anyway - the displacement difference is just 3 cc....

down the road

I believe there is no point in having both the 385 and 390, unless you need two saws that size anyway - the displacement difference is just 3 cc....

I meant down the road when the 385's are gone.:)

the 390 is a 385 with just 3 cc more and a larger clutch other than that there the same saw

spoke to my dealer today and hes got the same feeling , he was sent a coupple of 385 about a month and a half ago to sell off really cheep, I picked up one for 900 and that was with a 30 oregon power match

I was thinking maybe it would be the replacement for the 395 at first. Then come in with something like a 380 with around 79 to 80 cc to replace the 385.

I was thinking maybe it would be the replacement for the 395 at first. Then come in with something like a 380 with around 79 to 80 cc to replace the 385.

If they ever announce the 395 is going away, I am going to have to buy another one to file away. That sucker is just so smooth for it's size. Haven't run a 390, but the 395 is much stronger than the 385 which seems like a good saw. I was going to buy one until I got a 7900. So now I don't want a 385, but if the 390 were noticeably stronger than the 385 I might eventually get one of those to fill out my quiver a bit more.

If they ever announce the 395 is going away, I am going to have to buy another one to file away. That sucker is just so smooth for it's size. Haven't run a 390, but the 395 is much stronger than the 385 which seems like a good saw. I was going to buy one until I got a 7900. So now I don't want a 385, but if the 390 were noticeably stronger than the 385 I might eventually get one of those to fill out my quiver a bit more.

Ive had the hardest time keeping my credit card in my wallet when looking at a 395 at the saw shop. You are so right a 395 is so smooth.

Ive had the hardest time keeping my credit card in my wallet when looking at a 395 at the saw shop. You are so right a 395 is so smooth.

according to our husky rep the 385 isn't going anywhere for at least a year if not longer.

Back