Bought a 385

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they ever announce the 395 is going away, I am going to have to buy another one to file away. That sucker is just so smooth for it's size. Haven't run a 390, but the 395 is much stronger than the 385 which seems like a good saw. I was going to buy one until I got a 7900. So now I don't want a 385, but if the 390 were noticeably stronger than the 385 I might eventually get one of those to fill out my quiver a bit more.

I'll second that...Man I hope they never discontinue the 395.

For what its worth, the 390 has replaced the 385 on the UK Husky web site. That said, most of the dealers still seem to stock the 385, not many offer the 390 at the moment.

For what its worth, the 390 has replaced the 385 on the UK Husky web site. That said, most of the dealers still seem to stock the 385, not many offer the 390 at the moment.

They are both still on the site here - and the price differense is minimal.....

I suspected that the 385 was on its way out as soon as the 390 appeared, and I woudn't be surpriced if production already is terminated.......

I am still hoping to hear from someone that has alot of trigger time on a 385 that has run a 390. Especially to hear if Huskies lower vibration numbers on the 390 are valid. Need timberhauler to get one ;)

I don't really place a lot of stock in those numbers, though, as I've compared those numbers to saws I've run and I often don't really agree. But within the Husky line itself, maybe the numbers are a better indicator than between brands. Husky's vibration numbers on the 390 are impressive for the displacement.

I am still hoping to hear from someone that has alot of trigger time on a 385 that has run a 390. Especially to hear if Huskies lower vibration numbers on the 390 are valid. Need timberhauler to get one ;)

I don't really place a lot of stock in those numbers, though, as I've compared those numbers to saws I've run and I often don't really agree. But within the Husky line itself, maybe the numbers are a better indicator than between brands. Husky's vibration numbers on the 390 are impressive for the displacement.

hey b turner I have a 390 up at deans right now. Im not sure what the modded saw will do with the vibration levels. When I get it back you are more then welcome to come down and try it out. I live in underwood Wa

hey b turner I have a 390 up at deans right now. Im not sure what the modded saw will do with the vibration levels. When I get it back you are more then welcome to come down and try it out. I live in underwood Wa

Please let me know how that comes out...I'm toying with the idea of having Dean mod one of my 395's.....If he can make it somewhat near my 088 or 3120...I'll sell those heavy beast's

Please let me know how that comes out...I'm toying with the idea of having Dean mod one of my 395's.....If he can make it somewhat near my 088 or 3120...I'll sell those heavy beast's

I'm a broken record, but a way to make a saw cut like the next size saw with a long bar is to run fresh square ground chain.

timberhauler

turn to oiler to full

Ive got an 385 with a 30 bar there a good saw it will keep up to a 660 easy

I think timber already prooved this false, he said his 650 will smoke a 385, let alone what a 660 would do. I'm getting a 385 because it is almost a pound lighter than a 650, and if I'm going to get a 660 what's the point of getting a 650 at the same weight with less power. Besides the 385 looks better in the 85cc class. Handlebar angle don't bother me. I'm gonna get one,(I'm still rounding up money), I'll post pics when I get it even if I have to borrow a camera!:laugh: ;) :D :rock: :rockn:

I think timber already prooved this false, he said his 650 will smoke a 385, let alone what a 660 would do. I'm getting a 385 because it is almost a pound lighter than a 650, and if I'm going to get a 660 what's the point of getting a 650 at the same weight with less power. Besides the 385 looks better in the 85cc class. Handlebar angle don't bother me. I'm gonna get one,(I'm still rounding up money), I'll post pics when I get it even if I have to borrow a camera!:laugh: ;) :D :rock: :rockn:

If the vibration numbers are valid, I'd consider a 390 instead of a 385.

I don't know what has been done to that 385 that keeps up with a 660, but my 7900's keep up with a stock 385, and my 066 (or my 395) stomp my 7900's in big wood pretty bad. Displacement is hard to beat.

I know that dean doesn't like the 385 stock but, he does say they make up alot of milage modded. It seem that the 385 is one of those saws that mod really well. I know gypo likes them modded.

I was talking to dean a few days ago he said that when he modds my 660 it will cut just as fast as my 880 but will have a little less torque but it will be alot less to lug around.If you are thinking of modding one of your 395's better talk to him soon he can't get mine in till may 27 i quess he is really busy.

Latest posts

Back