Bought a chainsaw, need help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jnby83

jnby83

I bought a used chain saw and I need help to make sure I don't mess anything up. It's a McCulloch MAC 140. I contacted McCulloch to get a manual, but they are out of print.

There are two openings

Fuel
Oil

"Fuel" is for the 2-cycle oil and gas, and "Oil" is for the bar oil right?

Thanks

Former Saw Builder

Former Saw Builder

ArboristSite Guru
I bought a used chain saw and I need help to make sure I don't mess anything up. It's a McCulloch MAC 140. I contacted McCulloch to get a manual, but they are out of print.

There are two openings

Fuel
Oil

Thanks

Welcome to the site... And you are correct, be sure to use fresh mix in that old saw and it should be fine.

ralawler

ralawler

ArboristSite Operative
From the start of your'e post assume this is your'e first saw. Please find someone that has experience to help you the first few times out!

echoman8

echoman8

ArboristSite Member
mac 140

There are two openings

Fuel
Oil

Thanks

Hi Jnby83,

Welcome.

As you use your 140, please do not judge the rest of the saw world by it. As you get more experience a few years down the road, you might move up to a stihl, husky, or echo.

The 140 is a good one to learn on if it starts and runs well.

Good luck,
echoman

skipdog9

skipdog9

ArboristSite Lurker
First thing is first...

Spend the money on all the protective gear- chaps, head, eyes, and ears. The money you spend on this will one day pay off- I promise. Then go out with someone who has plenty of experience running saws. While nothing beats sweat on the brow, there is a learning curve when running a saw.

At the end of the day, :givebeer:

Latest posts