Bought A Nice Old Wood Hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66polyhead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought a nice old 1970 Chevy 1 ton 4X4 dually for $650.00. It's minus the motor, but I just happen to have a nice rebuilt 69 355 (350 bored .030) 4 bolt main motor that I had in a 69 3/4 ton service truck. A good friend gave me the stacks. Thay are actually brand new side pipes for a 63 Riviera. It has the nice heavy, new process 204 transfer case, Dana 60 front, and the big Dana 14" rear with 4:10 gear. all shifted by a Muncie SM 465, bulldog 4 speed. I found out after I bought it and got it home, it is a 1970 cab on a 1983 chassis. it took me a while to figure out why it had power front disc brakes, and power steering. I also found out it has new brakes all around, new shocks, and heavier 2 ton rear springs. I hope to have it running this fall. I'm also planning to fab up a mount for my 2 Ramsey 12,000 Lb. winches, side ramps for loading logs.

ImportedPhotos00000_edited.jpg

970Chevrolet1ton4X4014.jpg

970Chevrolet1ton4X4009.jpg

970Chevrolet1ton4X4005.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!!!
are you still in jail??? cause ya stole that...
did you get the snow plow too????

that is what i am wanting too dualy flat bed. for hauling wood.
great....

Nope, not in jail, and didn't get the plow. I already had a meyer plow,pump and controls off of a 1979 Dodge Sno Commander that's been waiting to be resurected. Hope to get started on the motor install next week. Looks like I've got a all winter project.:givebeer:

Nice find indeed! put you a good solid bumper on the rear and it will be jam up! The front wheels look like they are from a 3/4 ton instead of a 1 ton though

Back