Bought a splitting axe on Thursday.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like elm comes in different species and some is fairly easy and some you make noodles with.

I might have to coin this phrase: When life gives you elm, make noodles.

Just like elm comes in different species and some is fairly easy and some you make noodles with.

I might have to coin this phrase: When life gives you elm, make noodles.

HA!!!!!!!

I can relate to that one. A blow down Elm I went after in the woods last Thursday.

The first whack with the Fiskars at the Elm, the Elm declared "I challenge you to a duel." Fine....You're going horizontal.

HA!!!!!!!

I can relate to that one. A blow down Elm I went after in the woods last Thursday.

The first whack with the Fiskars at the Elm, the Elm declared "I challenge you to a duel." Fine....You're going horizontal.

I'm sure you were glad to have the 394 that day!

Just curious... Am I the only one that actually prefers not having a tacky/grippy handle? My hands get sore if I use something with too much grip. I love the lack of orange rubber on my all black X27. I feel the same about grips on shovels, hammers, pliers, etc... I'm a big fan of "you do your thing, I'll do mine," but it seems like a lot of you guys have a gripe with the grip. Just seeing if you have a particular reason why.
I know exactly what you mean. I hate any tool that has sticky handles on it. I really like a positive gripping surface but I want to grip it with my hand, not some high friction surface.

Latest posts

Back