Bought another splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblue12v

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It's homemade and heavy but the price was right and the one I built on the Jacobsen is fast but this one is double the tonnage. Planning to make a quickly removable 4 way wedge. It has a hydraulic lifting boom. Nearly new 6.5hp predator engine, Barnes pump (unknown GPM) its a lot slower than my other one but will still get a lot of use handling big heavy stuff. I need to put an axle and tongue on it. Cylinder is 26" stroke, 5.5" bore, 2.5" rod. My math says at 2600 psi that's 30 tons. It needs some cleaning, paint and general tidying up.
ea358a21005736b9355f06f8c4ff7d34.jpg
240c34b0bdf96cd62eec4a68252b7d4d.jpg

Yea he said it was getting too heavy for his tractor to lift, and he didn't really have much need for it to be mobilized so he just set it on the ground lol the tank is nifty but I wish it was mounted somewhere else instead of sharing body heat with the cylinder where neither one can cool down.

Buddy brought over a 2200# narrow axle from a portable light tower, still has springs on it and stickers. One wheel bearing feels dry and tight so they replaced whole thing at his work. Thinking I don't wanna use the springs with this having a lift boom but it may be OK? Would sure help the axle out a lot if I ever pull down the road, if springs could help absorb bumps.

is that an old Chevy Blazer in the back ground ? That thing looks like it is sitting high or is it on a trailer ?

is that an old Chevy Blazer in the back ground ? That thing looks like it is sitting high or is it on a trailer ?
72 Chevy short bed top cut off (not blazer) 48" Firestone tires gobs of lift. Yard ornament, gets moved to front yard with Christmas lights and inflatable Santa behind the wheel, for holiday season lol. Has Cadillac big block. It was his show truck a very very long time ago then he got stupid and used it as a mud truck and it was downhill from there. Had a different engine then, the Cadillac engine was thrown in a few years ago to make it move itself around the yard. Pictures were at the seller's place not mine..

Latest posts

Back