Bought my first Stihl.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigbubdaddyGus

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I always wanted a Stihl because everyone hypes them up so much. Been watching for a decent one at Pawnshops. Saw a really clean, looked barely used. Lettering still in the bar, not scratched up, didn't look like it ever got run hard. It is a MS250 for $150 plus tax but I also got him to throw a McCulloch 610 chainsaw in for $29.
I dumped the gas and put new pre mix in it.
At first it kept bogging and wouldnt run past idle but I got it to run and held it at 1/4 thottle and now it seems to rev fine. I tried it later and it starts right up and runs good.
Can't wait to try it out.
I always just had Poulans. I bought a couple of Huskies over Christmas I got stupid good deals on but I haven't tried them either.
A Husky 346Xp and Husky 350 (56 cc).
I got them both running like a top.

I’ve worked on an ms250 before for a friend of a friend. Very snappy acceleration, had fun doing a small muffler mod to it and retuning it. Didn’t skip a beat

What do you want for the 346?
I am not selling it. I just got it. I really like it.
Sounds Great and runs Great. I only paid $45 for it at the Pawn Shop. Bought it and a Big Poulan Farm Boss 346 I think. $62.00 out the door for both.

I bought the Husky 350 from another Pawnshop it was on the clearance pile. It said it would cut out. I suckered the price to $40, do it ended up $42 and some change with tax for it.
The muffler was falling off, missing one bolt.
I looked in at the piston it looked new and someone ported and polished the exhaust port because it was all shiny and smooth.
I bought to new bolts and put them in with Loc-tite (Red) and then installed the new bolts and welded them to the muffler because I hear that's a problem with them loosening.
It would start but only idle, once you hit the throttle it died. I tried cleaning the carb several times but nothing so I bought a eBay kit with a new air cleaner/ fuel line/ carb and replaced them all and it fired up and runs like a champ.
I cross cut some oak and it tore right through them, no problem. That maybe my favorite saw now as it makes my Poulan 5020 look like a joke.

Latest posts

Back