Bowline mindblock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no problems here Butch. the guys I work with get that rope on there every time.

of course, that's with a basketball sized mess of half hitches:rolleyes:

PICS!!! :blob2:

aaf_twisted.gif

I pay a dollar more per hour when groundies learn a half hitch, girth hitch, truckers hitch, clove hitch, right angle, square knot, bowline, bowline on a bight, butterfly knot, cow hitch, timber hitch, becketts bend (sheet bend) and prussic. I won't give them a raise until they learn these knots. The shortest time has been two weeks, the longest is 13 months and counting:( .

Climbers need to know these knots plus swabish, distel, VT, bowline with a yosemite tie off, zepplin bend, running bowline (why is this more difficult than a reqular bowline?), figure 8, running 8 and double fishermans knot.

I may have forgotten a couple, I did this off the top of my head.

As always my $.02

I use a Carrick instead of the Zeppelin-I've tied it but would have to brush up for your test Xander. I recognize all but the "right angle". What is that?

Looks like a TLH... secured by both tails. Seems easy to tie.

That must be heavy to lug up a tree, though...

;)

Yeah on rope it is a Tautline hitch, Midshipmen's hitch or Tentline knot. On a spar it is a Rolling hitch or Magnus hitch.--Or a Right angle -Too many names but a great historic knot.

Originally posted by netree
Looks like a TLH... secured by both tails. Seems easy to tie.

That must be heavy to lug up a tree, though...

;)

It would be just like you to haul that up in the tree, damaging the cambium the whole way up.

Your heartless and insensitive to the needs and feelings of trees.

Shame on you Erik.

Originally posted by Stumper
Yeah on rope it is a Tautline hitch, Midshipmen's hitch or Tentline knot. On a spar it is a Rolling hitch or Magnus hitch.--Or a Right angle -Too many names but a great historic knot.
That's why I advocate the use of the Latin names    LOL

Back