Brand New 562xp oozing bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duce sorry I missed you’re response in the mistd of the drivel
Bar is large mount and everything seems to lie where it should in regards to the oil line and plate. I actually have two large mount bars that I tried and it happens on both.
The only thing I can see is the white oil pump cover under the clutch has some play in it (will spin and slide in and out a little). Thanks for you’re response.
The true fix is likely here....
On this post.....
But that will not happen with this guy....

Err. Not fix....

Just the truth about his "problem".......

Lol.....

So if your **** is true.
Have you called your dealer?
Made a visit?
Or just another silly thread?
Maybe it is good that we "lose" this one......
U
Yeah, kind of gathered that.....
HarleyT.
You’re a dbag. I’m sure most people here agree to that. You are no good to a forum that is trying to provide any knowledge. You’re just looking for someone to pick on especially a newbie. You probably thrive on posts that you think no one will post on so you can act like the “Truculent” that you claim to be. Get a life, or a job, or, or something other then being on here every other minute looking for a sarcastic reply...
I asked for experience. You obviously have none with this saw.
I know what my warranty exclaims. It’s after hours on a brand new saw and I’m eager to find out information about it.
Duce was the only one that shared a real experience.

I won’t ever post on this shotty site again

My head hurts, now I won’t sleep till I read the ending.

This is a good site do not disrespect this sight.

Just post some damn pics so we can help you fix your saw. No drivel....PICS! I promise a working saw will be much better than a little hurt pride butt hurt. Most already know the answer, they just need the evidence to confirm. PICS!!!!

As best I can tell (so much HT noise it's hard to find useful signal), the saw has not yet been in wood. Running a saw without cutting wood is a great way to give your shoes an oil bath. Just means the saw is operating as it should.

Or the bar may just not be put on correctly as well, the chain adjuster may not be lined up with the hole in the bar, and the nuts just torqued down over it, pushing the adjuster into the side of the case, possibly damgaging the saw, or at least not allowing the bar to seal against the plate.

And the oil then is just oozing down, instead of going into the bar.....

All dealerships and stores get the least knowledgable guy there to put the saws together for display,
his main task is just getting the chain on in the correct direction. I have seen all kinds of damage caused by these guys...

On brand new saws.......

But who can know, with the O.P. refusing to just simply look at it....

If all was well, and the saw has never been into wood, then the oil would be flinging off the chain, and not pooling on the table.

If it is just idling on the table, then it should not be oiling,
and again,

not oozing on the table.

I think it's normal for some oil to fling off the chain and pour down the case and clutch cover. Try running a tank through it and see if the oil runs out at the same rate as the gas, and you will also find out if the chain is getting oiled properly in the wood. Enough oil is better than not enough; I have always turned up the oiler to the max on my saws.

Latest posts

Back