brand new homelite 410!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you still have this 410 saw and want to sell it i would buy it. iiiif so what is your asking price?
:)

yes i still have this saw.no i still have not used it.i bought a husky 372xpw right after making this thread.
i just got this saw out again today but couldn't remember what the problem was.i remembered this thread so i came back to it to see if anyone wants to make an offer and for some help.
id like to get it running to see how it cuts.i pour a little fuel down the carb,she takes off,and then just quits within 1-3 seconds.
i ran a devoted fuel line from the carb into the tank and tried to start it,but still nothing.

id be happy if someone just makes me an offer i couldn't say no to,pay the shipping on top,and someone who knows what they're doing can fix it and will have a NOS saw since i'll never even use it for my tree service anyway.a bit too dated as far as weight to power goes.great for someone looking to cut up some firewood with though im sure! :)

Last edited:
yes i still have this saw.no i still have not used it.i bought a husky 372xpw right after making this thread.
i just got this saw out again today but couldn't remember what the problem was.i remembered this thread so i came back to it to see if anyone wants to make an offer and for some help.
id like to get it running to see how it cuts.i pour a little fuel down the carb,she takes off,and then just quits within 1-3 seconds.
i ran a devoted fuel line from the carb into the tank and tried to start it,but still nothing.

id be happy if someone just makes me an offer i couldn't say no to,pay the shipping on top,and someone who knows what they're doing can fix it and will have a NOS saw since i'll never even use it for my tree service anyway.a bit too dated as far as weight to power goes.great for someone looking to cut up some firewood with though im sure! :)

Curiosity?:confused: Did you sell that 410? Very,very nice but heavy Homelite... Thanks!:popcorn:

I never did get a carb kit and run this saw,guys. I never had the need and kinda forgot about it. She's up for sale along with a few husky 181 se and a stihl 038 av super from the same pallet all those years ago back in 2000 or 20001. Check 'em out down by the "bay". This homelite needs a good home. I don't think it's seen a stick of wood to this day. I know it sure never has since I've owed it. Too bad my old images of her here are gone. I'll have to clean her back up and update my photos on the bay. She's gotten greasy over the years being in the bin with the other saws and parts thrown in around with it.

Well, since my photos are no longer here. I guess I better fix that then. :) Before she goes to a new home and get's run, for what I gather, will be the first time in 30 years! :) I also see it's a 410SL not just the base 410 model. According to this site, the 410SL has the chain brake, like my saw. Well, since there's bids on it now, my former saw I should say. :) Here she is. She needs a good home guys. Who knows how well this would clean up still. She was covered in grease from the stack of 181SE saws in the grate. This was just a couple mins wipe down with a gassy rag.
Oh, the link to the site for the info: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6af40002b8f7/9f33ffb5a0820b3888256c2600146175

You know, I just never had the need to get this one going. I had a pile of 181SE's that weighed around the same that were such screamers, I just never had the need and then time just passes you know and you don't think much of it and there she's been just waiting for a new home ever since lol. Take her home guys!

Oh and if someone here buys this, please do me a solid!? Will you please setup a camera of you diagnosing it, repairing and running it for what I believe will be it's first time running ever? And then video her cutting her first stick of wood! I dunno, I don't think she's "that" old where anyone would buy it simply for preservation do you? I don't think so. I don't think 1992 (according to the tag on top) is vintage enough for that. I'm assuming someone will get this to run. Perhaps to collect for sure, but at least run also. I sure would love to hear her running and see her run and cut! Video request, please! :)

Funny, now that I dig her out to sell her, I all the sudden get an interest in it. Could have taken her in to the shop to get running years ago. I guess when you hoard something for 20 or so years, you grow attached hahaha! Just as well though you know? I'm glad this is how the story went actually because now the new owner gets the honors. That's got to be something to them right there too ya know? Especially if someone had one of these years ago before. Here they get a chance to buy one just like it all over again 30 or so years latter, or closer to 40 years ago if they did start making these in '81 like FergusonTO35 says, up above. That's gunna be pretty cool for someone.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    856.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 3
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    860.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00007.jpg
    Image00007.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Image00008.jpg
    Image00008.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 4
I restored this Homelite 330 a few years back for a friend but elected not to buy it:
1645235005464.jpeg
I debated but decided that I had more than enough saws the same size and power. It was in excellent shape and ran very well after I was through working on it. Likely it could have been mine for $100. Not much plastic on it and excellent cosmetic shape.

2009's got nothing on this saw. This ones from 1992! :D
Same exact saw. Same exact state from 2009, which was the same exact state when I bought it back early 2000's.

Yes, I've been hoarding this thing shamefully, for all these years lol.
nice saw and i wish we were back in 2009 ......:)... had a couple 550 also good saws......if we could go back to 1992...even better ...

I have 2 410's that I redid last year. I have videos of them both running.
2be43cd80c861e1d83d54c178a55374c.jpg
79678d75cc0ab161f3f9c30c1198fc22.jpg
ef77dbe49e9edd726df2d4d1f3bacad3.jpg

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

Latest posts

Back