Brand new Homelite Super E-Z YES or NO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E.V.A. Sawman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got a brand new super e-z still in box. The lady I bought my lake cabin from asked me If I wanted any old tools or what not that her husband had in the barn or machine shed, she wanted to get rid of it all and he children wanted nothing. I was loading my truck with goodies after hauling all junk for her to scrap center. When she came down from garage attic with more and showed me the new in box homelite. She said this was the boy's saw that Herb one at a turkey shoot. They would pass it back and forth between friends at x-mas or birthdays as a joke cause no one wanted the boy's saw she said. She didn't even know he was the last one to have it. Now I have it. It is all sealed up so I punched a small hole it side and put my bore scope in, lo and behold just like going in a Pharaoh's tomb, there is a brand new red homelite inside. Now you people help me decide should I open it up, and run it. Or leave it like a time capsule. or pass it around like Herb and the boys did from one person to another. Let me know your thoughts!

I saw keep it new, but maybe take it out of the box so you can really appreciate it.

I would say unless it would bring you a life changing amount of money then use it or maybe sell it to buy a saw you would not normaly be able to afford providing you need it !
I have been lucky enough to get some Stihl's which had never been run (out of the box but the box with them) and all are out running including two very rare saws from '63 that said I don't take them out in the rain !
Do what you think is best but do post some pics....

I agreed with Mark, wouldn't gas it up, nothing. I've got three of the little things give to me in the last two months, if you just have to have one to run, I'd part with one very reasonably priced. In their day they were a good little trim saw. They vibrate like hell. We burned up one in the mid seventies cutting out fence rows, the muffler was always against the ground.

I only cut a small 3/8 hole in box, just big enough for my bore scope camera to look in. It does not have any memory capability. sorry. My shop foreman knows the Stihl dealer, who used to sell homelite, he called about 6:00 PM and said he would trade me for any stihl he has set up in rack at shop. I asked him if he had a 441 or bigger, he said no but he thought there was a mini boss, and a couple 210's and one may even have quick adjust! I told him I would take all three of those saws and he would have to toss in a 260 pro to sweeten the deal, he hung up on me! If it comes time to take it out of box I will take pics maybe even a video.

I only cut a small 3/8 hole in box, just big enough for my bore scope camera to look in. It does not have any memory capability. sorry. My shop foreman knows the Stihl dealer, who used to sell homelite, he called about 6:00 PM and said he would trade me for any stihl he has set up in rack at shop. I asked him if he had a 441 or bigger, he said no but he thought there was a mini boss, and a couple 210's and one may even have quick adjust! I told him I would take all three of those saws and he would have to toss in a 260 pro to sweeten the deal, he hung up on me! If it comes time to take it out of box I will take pics maybe even a video.

Sounds like a Steal dealer :dizzy:

At least post a photo of the box with the hole in it!

Just got a brand new super e-z still in box. The lady I bought my lake cabin from asked me If I wanted any old tools or what not that her husband had in the barn or machine shed, she wanted to get rid of it all and he children wanted nothing. I was loading my truck with goodies after hauling all junk for her to scrap center. When she came down from garage attic with more and showed me the new in box homelite. She said this was the boy's saw that Herb one at a turkey shoot. They would pass it back and forth between friends at x-mas or birthdays as a joke cause no one wanted the boy's saw she said. She didn't even know he was the last one to have it. Now I have it. It is all sealed up so I punched a small hole it side and put my bore scope in, lo and behold just like going in a Pharaoh's tomb, there is a brand new red homelite inside. Now you people help me decide should I open it up, and run it. Or leave it like a time capsule. or pass it around like Herb and the boys did from one person to another. Let me know your thoughts!

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE send it to me to verify that it is as good as you say. I promise to send a saw back to you. I would love a saw like that. Great score but it sounds like since you don't have an attachment to it it might be best to sell it and get what you want. I think an ad in the trading post here would bring an immediate sale. Good luck.:cheers:

I have sold some of my NOS Homelite saws and never saw them bring a whole heck of a lot. I figure I will keep them here although I do not a SEZ altogether.

Bill

I have only had this saw for a couple of days I need to bask in the aura of the unopened box. I spoke to the Mac tool guy this morning he has a internal scope set up more advanced than our bore scope, and said he will try to swing buy this week. It is capable of downloading pictures and in color! Just like king tuts tomb! I spoke to Betty about the saw and it was apparently the passed around booby prize between about 12 or so guys, they were all farmers or loggers and belonged to this sportsman's club they started after the war.

What a great find! I would put it on ebay with a high reserve and see what you get for it. I think you will be surprised at the amount of $ it brings in. The key is that it is in a Sealed Box. Take it out of the Box, and the value immediately goes down.
There are a ton of them around if you want to just run one.

It is amazing how much people pay for things on ebay. I saw a used mac 610 go for $400! The guy talked it up like the saw was the best one ever made. He even named it, "Big Jake." I still can not believe someone spent $400 on it. What a sucker.

Back