Brand New Log Splitter Crashed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same splitter from Lowes last year and they do not come with hydraulic oil. You have to fill it yourself. It only has a little in there from the factory.

Odd. I got mine from Lowes in January and it did come with oil.

Harry K

hmmm,was there a sticker or tab on the motor stating to fill with oil? most equipment is shipped with little or no oil do to hazard codes.was the motor filled with the correct amount of oil too?im thinking the hydrolics had just enough to test at the factory then packaged up.

Well, not only did they bring me a new one today and take the old one away...they covered the new one with a tarp while I was not home. (and of course I had my secuirty cameras on. :) )

I checked it out. Oil good. Hydraulic fluid was on minimum which makes me believe that could have been the problem last time as I ran it. Whatever. I also noticed the fuel line is attached as opposed to loose with the last one.

I took off the log cradle because last time it wedged into the log and bent the bolt while in reverse.

It drizzled today but I had it started and man it sounded so sweet.

Can't wait. You guys helped me through this. Thanks.

100_1058.jpg

100_1054.jpg

100_1056.jpg

Last edited:
Glad it worked out for you!

Glad they did the right thing and took good care of you as well.

Could have just called lowes. then picked up an axe and started taking out frustration on those poor defenseless rounds in the back yard.

Glad it all worked out for you.

hmmm,was there a sticker or tab on the motor stating to fill with oil? most equipment is shipped with little or no oil do to hazard codes.was the motor filled with the correct amount of oil too?im thinking the hydrolics had just enough to test at the factory then packaged up.

Both full but the manual's set-up instructions said to check both levels befoe starting.

Shipping from factory to store may be dry but apparently the store fills it if so.

Harry K

Whats with the pink typing?

That's cool they cover it up for ya!

Cambium,

Good to hear that it all worked out for you, have fun & enjoy splitting, i sure do.

Kracker

get you a 4-wedge and you can really crank out some wood with that thing!

do they have a 4 way for a Troy Built?? can't find one anywhere for my 33 ton

also guys the 27 comes full of oil / hydro BUT the 33 from lowes did not come with hydro

also as a side note - you might want to pick up a cheap hour meter so that you know when to change the fluids

i added this

s7_015383_imageset_01

do they have a 4 way for a Troy Built?? can't find one anywhere for my 33 ton

also guys the 27 comes full of oil / hydro BUT the 33 from lowes did not come with hydro

I found the hydro on my 27 didn't come full. It was on minimum. I also notice I need to refill the hydro every 2 hrs of use. There are no visible leak. Is that normal?

As far as the wedge, maybe we can call TroyBilt or Lowes to special order the wedge. There might be a universal one with the bolt and setup.

Back