brass cylinder impulse barb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompsoncustom

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey I was wondering what you guys used for a brass impulse barb on a cylinder without one.

I could just order a stihl on and drill a hole and press it in but I was looking for something I could pick up local somewhere as are local stihl dealers don't carry anything.

A small section of brake line or brass/stainless tubing sold at hardware stores would work
hmm never even consider brake line, I wonder if the size is close enough to work with the impulse hose. good thing is I have some on hand and can check when I get back home in a couple days.

I take old barbs out of busted up crankcases. I did a custom carb project on a 288 years by setting up
an external pulse system through the intake block. I used a brass impulse barb out of an old 044 case.
ya I tossed a 029 cylinder that I could have pulled the barb out of but never assumed I would need it, to new at this I guess I'm learning tho and keeping more stuff.

hey I was wondering what you guys used for a brass impulse barb on a cylinder without one.

I could just order a stihl on and drill a hole and press it in but I was looking for something I could pick up local somewhere as are local stihl dealers don't carry anything.
I’d first ask what diameter the smooth side is on these below, of course measure your hole first.

Carb fuel elbows are all 0.155" diameter press ins. Use sealant or Loctite when you put it in.
https://www.farmertec.com/Search-0000+988+5211.html

I assume nothing if you can get them that small. I know my local hardware stores didn't have anything close to small enough.

Ours do- but the interweb searchy thing should be able to find suitable candidates for small barb fittings.
Old industrial sewing machines have similar small diameter fittings within their internals for oil galleries.

Latest posts

Back