Breakin' her in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, heh, heh! So that's where it went! :D I went to town today to look for a 5100s, and Frank said he'd just sold the last one he had in stock. He said something about a fellow who had heard all about 'em on the internet. He did say that he'll have one for me by Wednesday though...:biggrinbounce2: Have fun with it!!

back to lurking again...

Last edited:
That's where she went.I'm in Edinburg.Drop in tommorow if ya' want to give it a run before you buy one.
The Husky is my 480CD from ebay for $25.00.
I like it better then my 044 by far.

Where's the Beef!!!!

I hope there's a big difference after she's broke in.I've run 4 tanks threw her and I'm not that impressed.
My 028Super runs circles around this saw.And handles just as good.

I hope there's a big difference after she's broke in.I've run 4 tanks threw her and I'm not that impressed.
My 028Super runs circles around this saw.And handles just as good.

uh oh.... This should be good :popcorn;:popcorn::popcorn:

The 028 super is a nice saw - cuts about the same as the older 026 (pre-epa).

Freak

I'm eager to at least hear Freakinstang's response. Isn't the Stihl 028 significantly heavier than the 5100s? I have never run an 028, but I know I choose my 5100 over any of the 026 or 260's that I have run.

The 028S was last made in 1992... yep, it's heavier for sure... but most are still going strong. Weight isn't a factor for some either. The dolmar should outcut an 28S - 3.4 hp only.

Put the same chains on both, 18'" on the dolmar and 20" on the stihll.
Stihl is a little heavier but not enough to bother me,well balanced just like the dolmar.
The Stihl has a lot more grunt in the cut,
Tried 10"-12" oak and popular.All the way up to 22"-24"
So far the stihl wins hands down.
The dolmar has better anti-vibe though.

Hot 028S maybe?

That's what I expected after everything I read here about it.
Don't get me wrong.it's a very fast saw,feels great in the hands.Appears to be very well built.But just not as strong as I expected.
Disappointed to say the least.:( :(

Just may

I'm gonna take her to 10 tanks and see if she wakes up.If not she'll be for sale.

Back