Briggs Intec 16hp question?...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry 247 I thought you said the fuel pump was leaking fuel ( my mistake),
pull the valve cover and see if your getting the oil through the breather.

You will see one of the AS gods if the head gasket is blown, you will know.
Do it, it is free. If not, just bolt it back on and ignore me........

Sorry 247 I thought you said the fuel pump was leaking fuel ( my mistake),
pull the valve cover and see if your getting the oil through the breather.

post a picture of the spark plug

The air filter is clean w/ no oil pushing back thru the intake...

I am trying to get the plug out but my boys will not cooperate...As soon as they fall asleep I will get it pulled...

The head gasket may be the problem. If it leaks between the cylinder and push rod chamber the crank case will pressurize and push oil.

Check your oil level. Will be hard to see but I am betting the crank case is full of gas. Carb needle sticks and fills the crank over night. See this alot. Will be hard to see on the stick because the gas waters down the oil. Or just change the oil, not a bad idea any way. Should have 48-54 ounces in it.

Not saying this is a sertain fix but symtoms point this way.

I get sleepy when ignored..............................

But it is just a good guess, I shouldn't expect anyone here to listen......

Could be a /an imbalance somewhere, or whatever those other guys said.....

They know much more than I will ever learn.......

Just joshing, I am usually wrong, just stirring the "pot".

Anyone have some?????

Check your oil level. Will be hard to see but I am betting the crank case is full of gas. Carb needle sticks and fills the crank over night. See this alot. Will be hard to see on the stick because the gas waters down the oil. Or just change the oil, not a bad idea any way. Should have 48-54 ounces in it.

Not saying this is a sertain fix but symtoms point this way.

Good point, he may be right. A big problem on these Briggs......

Sniff.......

Pulled the valve cover and plug...Plug is ragged...Not sure what I am looking for under the cover...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks Fish,
Could just as easy be a head gasket but start with the easy stuff. Pulling a head as you know if fairly involved and not reassembled correctly can cause some serious damage.

Yup I agree. Dropping the oil will tell you if this is the issue though. If it is full of gas go get your self a new needle kit and clean the carb. Replace the oil and off you go.

Thanks Fish,
Could just as easy be a head gasket but start with the easy stuff. Pulling a head as you know if fairly involved and not reassembled correctly can cause some serious damage.

I said to pull the valve cover and start, if the head gasket was ok, it would run with a few drops of oil dribbling on the ground, if the head gasket is bad, he will get an oil shower.

He has it this far, start it!!!!!

Mweba, I see what you meant about draining oil, I just did'nt want him to drain it off and re fill it without changing out the needle an seat.

Back