Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi ya guys
i've been droppin in lately but not had much to say
Ross sorry to here your news mate
especially the missus
if training is your thing, u could contact your nptc regional branch and ask about assesor+trainer opportunities, i'm doing my assesors package at the mo'
i rang the hse the other day as i saw top handles on sale on ebay AGAIN
n guess what Blah Blah er um sorry erm its the operator not the purchaser that needs to be qualified ( however thats not what i understood it to be ):bang: :bang: pisses me right off:blob2:
P1 all the best on the new job

Thanks guys,She has found someone else already & is seeing him even though we are still living in the same house but leading seperate lives.
I came home from the pub early last week & caught them,he crapped himself:laugh: :laugh:.
I didn`t touch him but told him not to come between the kids & their mother & what we have left.
On the work front West coast has not bothered getting back to me but i know some crap has been stired by the company im working for at mo,May have a start with a member who is banned on here,Also have a telephone interview on tuesday with a company in Cork,Ireland,Been submitted for a job in jersey so things look ok.
Will keep you all in formed.

Hiya fellow limeys. More fish in the sea. Rolla-Your signature saying "lets be chavin it" Do you really mean shaving it, like how I like my women?

i'm a Chav and proud of it www.chavscum.co.uk www.chavworld.co.uk

'lets be chaving it' 'Lets be having it'............:D

I am a somwhat older chav an original chav you might say....I bet after checking out the above links we'll find a few more chavs on here,I bet a few of you didn't even know you were a chav until now!!

Highpoint-UTD is a chav i'm certain...and I bet Ross is if he tells the truth

I'm proud to say I married a chavette and bred 4 chavies 2 chavs and 2 chavettes,I also come from chav centrel 'ESSEX'

i aint a chav roller, im a manc ,sean rider and the stone roses brother ,these chavs do my head in .with there burberry and crap .first target for the men in black at a footie ground is some oik wearing burberry or prada .iwear rockport and timberland and dont go for the sports casual look at all.

The bullbucker had the hammer down in the crummy, lost er on the checkerboard, tits up in the rhubarb. Hitched to the block with the hooker, talked to the r.p.f. that was mewing 'bout the merch in the S4, helped the rigging slinger string some straw line and pulled the pin. Yarded the crummy out with the cat and headed back to the big smoke for his squeeze. Translate that one, Limeys.

clearance said:
The bullbucker had the hammer down in the crummy, lost er on the checkerboard, tits up in the rhubarb. Hitched to the block with the hooker, talked to the r.p.f. that was mewing 'bout the merch in the S4, helped the rigging slinger string some straw line and pulled the pin. Yarded the crummy out with the cat and headed back to the big smoke for his squeeze. Translate that one, Limeys.

EASY!!...you got a machine stuck,but got it out and whent home...:confused:

oi mista can i have a shot o ya chainsa.....

can you :censored:.

sorry i'm a personal chav / ned what ever hater, its either that or getting asked if i sell sweeties/pills all the time.

jamie

For anyone who is interested attached is a copy of 'arbnews' the hse's newsletter for the arb industry.

View attachment 31121

Iain, its not actually possible for hse to sort out people selling top handled saws on ebay. (Much as I would like to) we have to be able to prove a work activity when it is used, thats the law we have to stick to when enforcing. Also, As far as I am aware, the matter of needing certification to buy one is enforced by trading standards officers from the local authority not us.
There is a duty to check that the purchaser holds certification, however in my experience that has meant in the past that someone holding CS31 has been sold a top handle :bang: :censored: :blob2: Because someone didn't realise that appropriate certification means CS39, and that was from a dealer :angry2:

I know that this doesn't help, but it may explain why you got no joy when you rang us, sorry.

Thanks for the arb news. I've been convised i've had a problem with wood chip for a while now but it doesn't seem to bother anybody else. Not as bad as that but i've had the chest tightness.

Its quite scary the amount of stuff you can get on the bay. Harnesses rope spikes and chainsaws all you need really. I imagin that a lot of the top handle buyers are home owners thinking that there small and light weight and great for getting into the lorals.

Can the HSE do anything about home owners with top handled saws? Surely there need to be some system on Ebay to stop these things getting into the hands of untrained people. I saw an oxy-acseltine welding set on the bay as much as i'd love to get into gas welding i'd never get one without training to scared of blowing myself up. Surely Ebay must have some rules agaist selling controled products.

No Hope

the profile promotion is very commendable if not slightly flawed

Dictionary of life
look up

customer = money talks (white van or not)
qualfications = customer thinks Ha! what for a tree
insurance = customer thinks Ha! chancing their arm to put up prices

Arborist = Hands bound in red tape
stressed = arborist :cry:

i imagin if you poled most of the uk lads on here how many times they've been ask by customer
for proof of :- (nptc certs, insurance, first aid certs, risk assesment,formal qualifications, references etc )
OR Can't you do it any cheaper ???
pushing a snowball up an erupting volcano is 'only slightly' more frustrating :bang:

i am sure that the lads here, feel responsible and law abiding, but lets face it
there is so much to do and act on, i doubt it if we conform completley,
although the afag leaflets are very good, however given the complexities of our industry, we Need HELP to implement, not more study groups with people who are on tree.org, big business ruling the majority of the tradesmen with a minority backing

Whinge over !

iain said:
No Hope

the profile promotion is very commendable if not slightly flawed

Dictionary of life
look up

customer = money talks (white van or not)
qualfications = customer thinks Ha! what for a tree
insurance = customer thinks Ha! chancing their arm to put up prices

Arborist = Hands bound in red tape
stressed = arborist :cry:

i imagin if you poled most of the uk lads on here how many times they've been ask by customer
for proof of :- (nptc certs, insurance, first aid certs, risk assesment,formal qualifications, references etc )
OR Can't you do it any cheaper ???
pushing a snowball up an erupting volcano is 'only slightly' more frustrating :bang:

i am sure that the lads here, feel responsible and law abiding, but lets face it
there is so much to do and act on, i doubt it if we conform completley,
although the afag leaflets are very good, however given the complexities of our industry, we Need HELP to implement, not more study groups with people who are on tree.org, big business ruling the majority of the tradesmen with a minority backing

Whinge over !

Iain your my new hero that is absoloutly spot on :D

Back