Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Acer

Acer said:
Great Britain = England, Scotland and Wales
UK= United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Ireland on its own means the 26 southern counties, or Eire, which is a separate country.
Acer explained it perfectly I am in Dublin which is the capital of the republic,I just stick my self in under the UK because safety laws,equipment,insurance,fuel prices operational costs would all be very smiler, that and I think i am the only paddy here?? maybe i can start a tread (Irish talking about Irish stuff)but then that would be just me talking crap.:blob2:

stump stomper said:
that and I think i am the only paddy here?? maybe i can start a tread (Irish talking about Irish stuff)but then that would be just me talking crap.:blob2:

petemctree is a paddy ,i'm a half breed plastic paddy,with family up in Derry and Donegal does that count stomper??

Last edited:
Born in Belfast, brought up in Armagh till I was 5. then moved to North Wales, but we still do a bit of work in Dublin now and again. That count for anything?

Mijolnir said:
Born in Belfast, brought up in Armagh till I was 5. then moved to North Wales, but we still do a bit of work in Dublin now and again. That count for anything?

No that just makes you a 'sheepshagga' I know of another north Wales 'sheepshagga' but he don't come here anymore,he was a nice bloke though!!!..:popcorn:

Last edited:
Irish any body ???

so I see the Irish heritage starting ti emerge and all this time you have been calling your selfs British.!!!perhaps we should close the subject? I have a funny feeling that the yanks might hijack this thread and we'll have millions of great great granny story's

Isnt it said that theres more "irish" around the world than in Ireland? Bit like Man U fans, I s'pose :D

Work in Jersey

Hi,just been out for a drink with my boss here in Jersey & he has asked if i know anyone who is looking for work,i told him i would post to find out,Ideally you should have electrical units as well as normal arb experiance,if interested drop me your contact details & i will pass them on to my boss

Acer said:
Great Britain = England, Scotland and Wales
UK= United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Ireland on its own means the 26 southern counties, or Eire, which is a separate country.
Thank you. =)

Is there Internet Access in the UK?

Riddle me this...

Durham University Graduate School said:
Thank you for your enquiry; every e-mail is important to us and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible and within 5 to 10 working days. In the meantime, you can discover a wealth of information about the University from our web-site. Please use the following links:

Durham University Homepage

Graduate School
Are you kidding me??? Does it take that long for e-mails to cross the Atlantic? My advisor e-mails me back by 10am the next day if I send an e-mail at night. If I e-mail him during the day, chances are he'll get back to me within minutes!

My girlfriend is going to Durham, and she gets this crap for a response! I feel bad for her - she sent an e-mail to her advisor two weeks ago and still hasn't gotten a response. They keep promising to mail her hard copies of things, too...but she hasn't seen them in months. Is this to be expected? Is the phone a much better method?

hey Lee, been flat out here...mainly domestic but done some for construction companies via tree folk....it is good here...perhaps you would benefit by being part of a nationwide advertising scheme...(i had to mention it...sorry).
How was your huge stump with no access? get it done...bet your tea spoon was bend by the end of it!!??

stumpy66 said:
hey Lee, been flat out here...mainly domestic but done some for construction companies via tree folk....it is good here...perhaps you would benefit by being part of a nationwide advertising scheme...(i had to mention it...sorry).
How was your huge stump with no access? get it done...bet your tea spoon was bend by the end of it!!??

Round 2 next week,new carbide chain for the saw,that stumpo is costing the owner 2 full days !!

is the carbide chain worth using...i have heard that it is like using using a blunt chain but it stays 'sharp' for longer.....whats your experience Rolla?
we need to know!! is it a thing worth buying..?

stumpy66 said:
is the carbide chain worth using...i have heard that it is like using using a blunt chain but it stays 'sharp' for longer.....whats your experience Rolla?
we need to know!! is it a thing worth buying..?

I'll let you know in a week or so,I haven't ever used it before..:jawdrop:

Greetings rollacoaster Just changing the subject breifely congratultions on the totals for your u.k. stuff thread you rock !:rock:

Ross Turner said:
So no uk climbers looking for work in the sunny channel islands?,great weather laid back life style & loads of lovely females.

what's the money like?house prices renting/buying?what sort of work??

blue said:
what's the money like?house prices renting/buying?what sort of work??

It works out about £11 per hour but have chance of overtime, house prices to rent depends but my employer supplies mine @£60 per week for a 20`x10` sittingroom /kitchen & a 20`x10` bedroom,you can buy over here but cant live in the property for 13 years i think due to the stupid laws over here.

The work is both utility & domestic & its so laid back,no week in hand,not mot & no car tax or council tax.
Im paying 6% social & 13% tax which aint bad.
I would recomend it to anyone even if its just for the short term as the life style is so laid back.

Latest posts

Back