Broken Log Splitter Control Handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesmackdown

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a Speeco 22 ton log splitter and today I sheared off the control handle from the hydraulic valve. Best I can tell from a google search is the handle is not a replaceable part and the whole valve has to be replaced.

I would love to know if there is another solution.

Thanks!

Is it something you can make from piece of flat iron, or tubing?

Or, whose valve is it? Speeco does not make it. It is likely either Prince, Energy, Brand, or china pirate copy.

More importantly, how did it shear, and did anything else in the valve get damaged from the (assuming) log impact?

I used an old hacksaw with wood handle. (Shaped like a coping saw).
Had a peice of tubing before that pounded flat drilled holes. Worked for a couple years.

Has to be drilled/bent just right or hits the hydraulic fitting. Way bigger pain in the rear then it should be.

Hey all,

I have a Speeco 22 ton log splitter and today I sheared off the control handle from the hydraulic valve. Best I can tell from a google search is the handle is not a replaceable part and the whole valve has to be replaced.

I would love to know if there is another solution.

Thanks!
Just the handle or did you break the valve it attaches to?

That looks like an easy fix. You should be able to rig something up for a lot less then $20. Try a tractor or farm implement dealer. You may be able to pull one off of a bad valve.

The big question is how did you do it?

I called Energy Manufactoring in Iowa, they made the valve and they have a replacement lever. Should have it soon and will be back in business - thanks all!

Back