Brush Bandit 200+

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climbing mike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm buying a new brush bandit 200+ Thursday morning. It has a 115 Cat. engine. Auto feed plus, hand crank shoot adjuster, and hand crank rotation. Has any one had any problems with any part of this set up? How many hrs can I expect from the Cat engine? I have had no luck with Perkins on my Vermeer so I'm going to change equipment totally. Thanks Mike

I don't know how many hours? Hopefully a whole lot, I just bought the same exact chipper last week. What kind of price did you get? Paid $24.5k on mine.

Great machine. I had my 200+XP for 7 years with no major problems. You just need to keep on top of tightening the drive belts. Also, I think a feed wheel lift cylinder is invaluable.

Yes the chipper does have the feed wheel lift, I think that is one of its best features. The chipper is new with 1 hr on the meter. Thanks Mike

chippers

From what I've seen of the Bandit 250xp it is a fine machine...wellbuilt for the long term. I am partial to the Morbark chippers, but that is because I've owned a couple. The Perkins 125hp is a very good engine. John Deere most certainly has a price of pride on their fine engines, as does Cat.
The only machine I would steer clear of is the Vermeer line. They are not, to my satisfaction, built to last. The hoods are even made of fiberglass. Reckon how long that hood will last. The steel seems flimsy, too. The old 1250 disc was probably the best they ever built. A rep told me tthat they are phasing out all disc chippers and will offer nothing but drums by 2006. Personally, I have never met a sales rep that I truly trusted.
Take a long look at the Bandit and the Morbark. They are built to take a beating. The Perkins motor requires regular service intervals.

Latest posts

Back