Bug repellent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To get red of deer fly's ( Don't laugh ) Take a blue plastic beer cup and fit it to your hat with tape. You need to by a product
called TANGLE FOOT looks like grease and brush it on the cup. It's unreal how they go for the blue and stick and don't
bother you. I take a blue coffee can (plastic) and coat it,place it on mower,it will be black in no time,if you live up a lane
they will go for the car or truck,just put a can on it and drive slow,they are an ambush type pest and hide in the bush and
only come out to get ya,found this out when mowing when in open ya don't get many but get near tree's or bush and look out
they will be on the blue thingy I know it looks stupid but then again I ain't getting bit by those SOB's

To get red of deer fly's ( Don't laugh ) Take a blue plastic beer cup and fit it to your hat with tape. You need to by a product
called TANGLE FOOT looks like grease and brush it on the cup. It's unreal how they go for the blue and stick and don't
bother you. I take a blue coffee can (plastic) and coat it,place it on mower,it will be black in no time,if you live up a lane
they will go for the car or truck,just put a can on it and drive slow,they are an ambush type pest and hide in the bush and
only come out to get ya,found this out when mowing when in open ya don't get many but get near tree's or bush and look out
they will be on the blue thingy I know it looks stupid but then again I ain't getting bit by those SOB's
Funny hearing you say they are ambushers.
On a drift boat going down the river we were ambushed by hundreds of deer flys more than I've ever seen in my life, yhey were everywhere :crazy2:said everyone, and I just sat perfectly still in the boat without saying a word:cool:, and that doesn't happen often :laugh:. Amazing thing i had them all around me nd even in the inside of my sunglasses, but never got bit not once :happy:.
One trick we use for them because the like to land on your head, but they are hard to hit/to know exactly where to hit. Hold your hand palm up on top of your head when one starts to circle, then eventually it will land in your hand, now you know where it's at so smavk that dang thing dead (make sure you check :yes:). Obviously this doesn't work when there are a lot, but it's helpful for a few.
Does anyone else feel like something is crawling on them now :sucks:.

Back