Building a 560xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple vids of the saw are loading.

More detail, saw is running a 562xp micro and software along side the 555 ignition. Saw ran without error and in tune perfectly so the "incompatibility" in is question. The top end is bone stock and pulled consistent 10K in mulberry.

[video=youtube_share;fqbqlc-Uyqo]http://youtu.be/fqbqlc-Uyqo[/video]

In question, yes - but it hardly is evidense of full compatibility.

Also, if the "rev-boost" works right, I guess that proves it isn't in the ignition, but in the AutoTune software.
Have you checked if the rpm it runs on are like on the 562xp?

Also, if the "rev-boost" works right, I guess that proves it isn't in the ignition, but in the AutoTune software.
Have you checked if the rpm it runs on are like on the 562xp?

Of course its in the software my friend, did one have too many pints over the holidays? Yes ok I did, nobody likes a quitter.

havent heard if parts are in yet . im gettin anxious! that bites when you think ,aw this will be easy,and turns south! if it runs as hard as it did the 1st few cuts it will be worth it.:blob2::popcorn:

havent heard if parts are in yet . im gettin anxious! that bites when you think ,aw this will be easy,and turns south! if it runs as hard as it did the 1st few cuts it will be worth it.:blob2::popcorn:

Yes, with the exception of the crank install tool. :angry:

Untitled by mweba1, on Flickr

I didn't really understand why you needed a new case, when it is orange anyway? :msp_confused:

This is a saw I sold to a man I consider a friend. When the bearings went south, the case was rubbed internally and I didn't care for the way the screws pulled it together. For that reason, he deserves a new case. It should be as good or better than when I turned a wrench on it before it leaves my shop.

Should I paint it while its in two pieces? :hmm3grin2orange:

This is a saw I sold to a man I consider a friend. When the bearings went south, the case was rubbed internally and I didn't care for the way the screws pulled it together. For that reason, he deserves a new case. It should be as good or better than when I turned a wrench on it before it leaves my shop.

Should I paint it while its in two pieces? :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks Chameleon should be a close match to your desired color scheme. :rock:

Couple tools showed up today, still one on BO. They look fancy....printed out the 59 page service manual to get it all sorted

Mitch, On the 562 I got from you, what is the deal with the case screws, did you loctite them? Should I replace them? Saw still runs like a champ. I may get another from you down the road. Thanks

Mitch, On the 562 I got from you, what is the deal with the case screws, did you loctite them? Should I replace them? Saw still runs like a champ. I may get another from you down the road. Thanks

I removed them and added red loctite. They will not come loose. Fun saw eh?

Couple tools showed up today, still one on BO. They look fancy....printed out the 59 page service manual to get it all sorted

Those tools will become your best friends if your going to continue working on the newer 500 series saws.

They are much more forgiving than a shop press and much more sympathetic than using the case screws to draw the halves together.

Many of the old tricks of using heat and cold work but as you figured out, plastic bearing cages ain't to fond of certain types of heat.

Yes it is a fun saw, Runs real nice, The grey doesn't like to stay nice looking seems to get messed up looking fairly easy, It's not a show saw so it doesn't matter. I have a 18 Inch bar i would like to try on it just have not put it on yet, Ill prob can a 20 In tech lite to keep on it. I have no issues with it as of yet, My local dealer does not have the software or anything to check them yet anyway. If I do have a problem Ill make sure to contact you any way to make sure the dealer doesn't do anything he shouldn't.

Yes it is a fun saw, Runs real nice, The grey doesn't like to stay nice looking seems to get messed up looking fairly easy, It's not a show saw so it doesn't matter. I have a 18 Inch bar i would like to try on it just have not put it on yet, Ill prob can a 20 In tech lite to keep on it. I have no issues with it as of yet, My local dealer does not have the software or anything to check them yet anyway. If I do have a problem Ill make sure to contact you any way to make sure the dealer doesn't do anything he shouldn't.

That is my one beef with the XP line. That color does not weather well. Then again, who cares, its a tool. :msp_biggrin:

I'll be building one of these 560's for my self when ever I have some free time again.....might be when I oldest graduates (she is 12).

Should I paint it while its in two pieces? :hmm3grin2orange:[/QUOTE]

IF THE THE GRAY DOESNT HOLD UP THEN WHY DID YOU WANT TO PAINT MY PRETTY ORANGE?

Mitch, did you ever think about getting bearings that have a metal cage? Do they even make them? I would think a bearing place would have them.

Latest posts

Back