Building another hotrod MS661C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't the last one sorted under OEM warranty? Was it not modded as much thus not voiding the warranty?

I thought all 661's had the skeleton spikes, maybe its just the 'R's'. Finding extra torque in the 661 is cool, its kinda what you want with a 90cc monster. They are a really nice model, exactly the upgrades the 660 needed. The piston wash revealed what the engineers were doing with the transfer charge, sounds like Brad is fond of the 661, getting the wife to hold the torch @9:30pm was good too. She prolly would'nt if it was a boring ol 390xp!lol

She's done and runs fantastic.

44-L.jpg

45-L.jpg

46-L.jpg

47-L.jpg

I only remove the casting lines here.
48-L.jpg

49-L.jpg

50-L.jpg

All done and back together.
51-L.jpg

52-L.jpg
:envy::envy::envy:

Can I have....another one?:)

That's hauling. For the 5 cuts I got:

11460rpm

As usual there was more variation in the more loaded cuts. It's also consistent with the last 661 you did, with the rpms of the first 3 cuts coming in within 7% of the numbers I gave you for that one.

Brad ports their lawn equipment for free
Actually, I just mow my one neighbors lawn for free :) He lets it go and I like running my mower. They gave me $60 gift cards for Outback for Christmas :) We just used it last weekend for Valentines Day. My other next door house was vacant for a year and two of us took turns mowing it all year a couple years ago. I love any chance I have to make stripes :)

If this was made to pull 404rs leaning on the spikes with 7degree rakers on a 28-32" would you change it much. For the hard stuff
Not at all. Load is load, whether you get it with a long bar, hard wood, big sprocket, an aggressive chain, or by pushing on it. I gave this saw everything it could take. Like I mentioned earlier, this saw gained more in that scenario than anywhere else. This saw is a torque monster.

Latest posts

Back