bulk pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upandcommer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is it wrong to give a discount on a multiple cord purchase? This is my first year with an excess of wood I have 8-10 extra cords and would really like to get it out of here to make room for some more to be brought home as the tree service calls keep coming. So would say 5 cords for 500 be too much of a discount or should I be looking to someone to wholesale my wood too. How do the big boys handle the too much wood problem. p.s. I only need enough money from the sale to buy a 32" saw and grab some chains for the others out of the deal if that makes a difference.

It's gonna cost you $700+ for a new saw that can run a 32" bar with authority, and chains run $20/ea, so $800 for split, seasoned, delivered within reason, should get rid of it pretty quickly, depending on the market by you.

Here, it would be snapped up.

I think that a multiple cord discount is good but 5 cords for $500 is giving it away.

A cord of pine is about $175 here and hardwoods are way more expensive.

It's gonna cost you $700+ for a new saw that can run a 32" bar with authority, and chains run $20/ea, so $800 for split, seasoned, delivered within reason, should get rid of it pretty quickly, depending on the market by you.

Here, it would be snapped up.

But a Wildthing running full-skip??????:greenchainsaw:

I thought firewood prices where way lower here than the rest of the country but I might be wrong I am in north west ohio. It is all good wood 2-3 cords of sugar maple 1 cord of pin oak and 3-4 cords of black locust all split and piled for at least 6 months I was just curious as to how you guys move your wood. SHould i throw an add in the paper or is a flyer at work better (I work in a factory with 3300 other people).

I thought firewood prices where way lower here than the rest of the country but I might be wrong I am in north west ohio. It is all good wood 2-3 cords of sugar maple 1 cord of pin oak and 3-4 cords of black locust all split and piled for at least 6 months I was just curious as to how you guys move your wood. SHould i throw an add in the paper or is a flyer at work better (I work in a factory with 3300 other people).

Put a flyer at work, it's free, then there's craigslist, the supermarket board, church, hardware store, fireplace/woodstove store, a popular greasy spoon.

That is some prime wood, especially the black locust, just grows sparse and spindly around here.

Put sign up

Put up a sign and make a info box.Its working for me.Flyers at work would work good also. :rockn: :rockn:

Latest posts

Back