Burning Tires?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the smell of burning Neoprene in the morning.....smells like....well you know.

Tires and batteries

I love the smell of burning Neoprene in the morning.....smells like....well you know.
yes I do Titan some of my towns people do. They cut the tires in 4 pieces with splitter and there batteries in two pieces. Then wonder why they have pay a $1000.00 for a new stove every year. Cause they for got to get the pieces of wire out of the stove when the insurance man showed up. Later

911/help

I 've been
laughing so hard my wife was getting ready to call 911.I did in fact burn a very small chunk of a race tire off of my dirt modified in a wood stove.4x4".wow.?I thought the stove was going to melt.Thank my lucky stars the stove didn't leak.I was frustrated with some less than dry wood.That was a memorable one time event not forgotten by the bride.

fyi

My brother owns a tire disposal company in Maine.He is hammering a sizable quantity of TDF into the paper mills.The market price for tire disposal has really dropped.The amount of fuelwood/biomass displaced by TDF has been huge.

Well I really enjoyed reading all the posts so far. I am just shocked that all you heat gurus missed the best heating fuel out there. Bowling Balls!
I once had a bonfire after cleaning out the chicken coop and there were a few old bowling balls in there and my friend decided to toss one in while I wasn't looking.
Well it looked a bit like the mushroom cloud from Hiroshima and I panicked when I saw it. I was envisioning a giant firetruck in the backyard, hoses running to and fro, my picture on the front page of the paper "Local beer drinker sets town alight" and also the monetary distress that such an event would cause. So I quickly grabbed a 2x4 and pushed it out of the fire where it continued to burn along with the grass it was now resting on.
I ran up and kicked it to get it rolling (stop, drop and roll) and it rolled along the backyard still on fire leaving black trails of burnt grass and gunk the whole time still belching enormous clouds of thick, black smoke. I think I kicked that ball around half of the back yard trying to get it to go out when I finally gave up and ran for the garden hose. Even the water just glanced off the flames for the first few seconds.
When all was said and done the bowling ball looked to be no smaller and no worse for wear however my back yard was a shambles and the smoke in the air must have killed half a dozen unfortunate birds that had set their GPS to route through my yards air space. Oh and a bowling ball would fit in your wood stove! No splitting required.
(disclaimer "Please don't burn bowling balls......again)
:after_boom:

Now THAT one definately requires some pics! If you have none to post, could you please repeat the experiment and get a good vid?? :blob2:

An obvious case of cabin fever has settled in. Time to go outside and play boys, you've had enough computer time for today......LOL

222217d1328579435-boromir-jpg

Now THAT one definately requires some pics! If you have none to post, could you please repeat the experiment and get a good vid?? :blob2:

stache - am kinda liking that video idea there. no stills. full color action.
maybe a game of hockey. :laugh:

Where the hell is barnumb anyway??? I KNOW he's still in Bancroft...
That's if my intel is solid... :hmm3grin2orange:
And I third the bowling ball video idea... I wanna see it!!!:rock:

Where the hell is barnumb anyway??? I KNOW he's still in Bancroft...
That's if my intel is solid... :hmm3grin2orange:
And I third the bowling ball video idea... I wanna see it!!!:rock:

Agree. Need to get Barnumb's input on threads revival and original new material for wtf thread.

did catch old Yoop cruising thru over the weekend. :hmm3grin2orange:

we tried that outside in TN a while back....

I am short on wood and need to keep the house warm. I have been mixing it with my wood in the house. What do you guys think?

A bunch of us good ole boys here in E. TN had us a bonfar uh while back, and we were runnin' short a wood. So we tried a tar, and it smelt real bad. One boah says "who put that thar spar tar on thuh far thar?"

A bunch of us good ole boys here in E. TN had us a bonfar uh while back, and we were runnin' short a wood. So we tried a tar, and it smelt real bad. One boah says "who put that thar spar tar on thuh far thar?"

yep, yur a tn boy alright. Yous talk bout as fuked up as I do.

Barnumb I have a bowling ball I will get you for a video. I'm not that far from Bancroft. I would road trip for this.

I have not had the pleasure of meeting him yet.

I think I know where he lives and I'm sure I've probably run into him at the Windmill...

I saw Ed*L yesterday driving that sweet Dodge

I have not had the pleasure of meeting him yet.

I think I know where he lives and I'm sure I've probably run into him at the Windmill...

I saw Ed*L yesterday driving that sweet Dodge

You know? I can't tell you how much money I have dumped into that place in my lifetime...
It's gotta be in the tens of thousands...
:amazed:
I should be a stockholder by now...

Latest posts

Back