Busted!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
48 Hour Rule

The 48-Hour Rule or “You Had Your Chance"

This rule was established on March 5, 2002 and is as follows: As a reward for a fellow sneaking new and inexpensive cylinders into the Crisis Center and also escaping any female wrath that might accrue from said purchase, the fellow may make up any story he wishes after 48 hours regarding the acquisition. In other words, she gets 48 hours to notice the purchase and complain. If she misses her window, you are home free.

“This old thing,’’ you might say, when, after a week, she finally does notice, “that thing has been here since July.’’
I got this off the radio show I listen to, after work.:hmm3grin2orange:

Wow, you guys have wives that talk a lot. Mine sighs & raises her eyebrows; I then know to watch my step for a while.

The other thing that seems impressive to me is she can remember every fishing reel, lure and rod purchase back 14 1/2 years (been married 14 1/2 years). Man, that is impressive, I have a lot of fishing stuff and even I can't remember when it all "just happened to show up."

The 48-Hour Rule or “You Had Your Chance"

This rule was established on March 5, 2002 and is as follows: As a reward for a fellow sneaking new and inexpensive cylinders into the Crisis Center and also escaping any female wrath that might accrue from said purchase, the fellow may make up any story he wishes after 48 hours regarding the acquisition. In other words, she gets 48 hours to notice the purchase and complain. If she misses her window, you are home free.

“This old thing,’’ you might say, when, after a week, she finally does notice, “that thing has been here since July.’’
I got this off the radio show I listen to, after work.:hmm3grin2orange:

Ah yes, Garage Logic, gotta love it, we get that here too. Its the best show on the radio. :biggrinbounce2:

I don't have to much of a problem with my wife and my chain saws. Now my wife and my guns.................now that's another story! :D

Now, you have all the right to go through her Makeup drawer and tell
her what she needs and doesn't need ...
then proceed to the closets. :hmm3grin2orange:

LOLOL!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Revenge ain't that sweet iffin it results in DEATH, or even worse, no dinner..... my humble opinion *hangs head*

Sorry to hear about the clean-up in da shop, my studio/shop sometimes looks the sight but nobody mucks with it, ever (with the exception of some 'caveman' type drawings my kid left (I left 'em too lol)).

:pumpkin2: :pumpkin2: I feel your sense of loss................:bang:

Maybe the secret is to find a more obnoxious, expensive habit and she will think chainsaw addiction the lesser of evils.
It worked when I smoked. Told her I had to have 1 bad habit, I could smoke, drink, or chase wild women... she always opted for smoking.

New saw = heat used saws can be explained many ways I found this at the dump honey or I am jusy fixing this for a friend or I bought it at a garage sale for 20$ etc... but if it's new she will get mad every time. After a new saw purchase wait and give her some long stem roses to speed up the cooldown phase!

When we went TDY (temperary duty) to Spain we'd come home with string of Myorca Pearls (and matching earrings). Called them leg spreaders... :jawdrop:

Once things cooled down, pull out earrings warmed up all over again.

When we went TDY (temperary duty) to Spain we'd come home with string of Myorca Pearls (and matching earrings). Called them leg spreaders... :jawdrop:

Once things cooled down, pull out earrings warmed up all over again.

:ices_rofl::hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry out of bullets tonight...

I am lucky my wife agrees we need more saws. An 84 0880 for milling anew 660 cause its my favorite asecond 260 for her as a carving saw and a little rear handle aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh live is grand at my house. Today by her request she cut a 24 inch cookie with the 066. Think ill have her do that more gets her kinda excited wink wink.:greenchainsaw:

The wife busted me a few months back, she was irked at my stash. But we are doing our floors and have to move all the beds and furniture. When I discovered her quilting stash under the bed!!!! The "SAW" word has not been mentioned since!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

One time my wife trespassed in my "Fortress of Solitude" but was quicky rendered unconcious by the fumes...... I dragged her out, took her inside and propped her in a chair with an empty wine glass. The secret of the saws is preserved!!

The secret of the saw. Is that anything like the fellowship of the ring?:laugh:

change the lock and tell her that that is your place and stay out, my wife couldn't tell you how many saws I have or anything else i have but for the stuff she bought for me but I guess I just have it like that.

Ha ha, I would rather just get busted for all the mysterious saws than find out my wife cleaned up the shop. Its bad enough that the kids get into it and mess with stuff.

I am a fourth generation machinist, before that they were blacksmiths. In my family woman have never been allowed in the shop for as long as I remember. Even my mom told me she remembered yelling into the shop that it was dinner time or whatever when she was a kid but she never went in. Shovenest? MAAAAAAYBEEEE but the rules are the rules.

Last edited:
Busted

I like the decoy method. Bring home all the empty chainsaw boxes that you can get your hands on. Put them all around your shop. It will cover your tracks.
My wife is a school teacher, so she is home all summer. She loves to find my new toys. Then drag me over the boards about them.
When I get home from cutting during the summer some times she has got the shop opened up, the music cranked up, and the refrig full of cold beer She'll be dressed in some little thing too. She does not play fair, Cold Beer and Eye Candy... How can you get mad with that... Then she lets loose with you have how many saws now..
The wife just does'en play fair at all.

I like the decoy method. Bring home all the empty chainsaw boxes that you can get your hands on. Put them all around your shop. It will cover your tracks.
My wife is a school teacher, so she is home all summer. She loves to find my new toys. Then drag me over the boards about them.
When I get home from cutting during the summer some times she has got the shop opened up, the music cranked up, and the refrig full of cold beer She'll be dressed in some little thing too. She does not play fair, Cold Beer and Eye Candy... How can you get mad with that... Then she lets loose with you have how many saws now..
The wife just does'en play fair at all.
They have what we want it will never be fair.

Latest posts

Back