Buy or Borrow a 660?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHCowboy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Local Stihl shop has a used 660 Mag for $600. I'm no pro, but the stuff on my property dwarfs my 023 and I got an Alaskan Mk3 mill for Xmas. The shop rebuilt the unit and will stand behind their work; it also comes with a new 20" bar/chain. Way I see it, a homeowner like me with an 023 and 660 should be set forever. Yes, I'll need to also get the 36" setup but that's fine. Maybe when I have more free-time (not stuck on a submarine) I'll find a service that needs a weekend tree-warrior as a second job.
PS If I really get tired of this saw it seems I could easily sell at $500...

If you're asking, BUY BUY BUY

If you're bragging, :clap: :clap: :clap:

man, I would be on that like white on rice.
I paid $900 for the first one, and $250 for the second one last year.
I like the second one better. :D

You guys make me happy.:cheers:
Actually, my next submarine will be disassembled late next year... so... yeah. That steel has to be bad for chains. Demo saw with diamonds maybe? I'll try and wait until it's out of the water though...

Now, I have to be excited all day [the shop opens up tomorrow].
*My new years resolution is officially to make my beams and flooring out of these poplars.

Done deal. The head honcho was not there yet and the minions were surprised that he offered me such a great deal. They couldn't hook up the deal I was looking for on a case though... Yeay, time to find something that needs to die gracefully. I have just the oak in mind...

**Yeay again, cause I'm green!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back