buying a new splitter this weekend. need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used a 27 ton husky splitter I haven't put anything in it that it wouldn't split, I borrow my buddy/neighbors for the ones I can't split by hand mostly red elm. I think it is a good unit, the motor doesn't seem to want to stay in adjustment, always readjusting the carb so it won't loop at WOT.

I have used a 27 ton husky splitter I haven't put anything in it that it wouldn't split, I borrow my buddy/neighbors for the ones I can't split by hand mostly red elm. I think it is a good unit, the motor doesn't seem to want to stay in adjustment, always readjusting the carb so it won't loop at WOT.

Loop? You mean like it is constantly hunting for the proper speed all by itself? Mine does that and it is a stretched spring on the governor that is the culprit. Next time in town I am going to try and get a new one. In the mean time I cut 1/4' off the end of this one and re-made the eye to shorten/stiffen it up somewhat (works almost perfect now).

Loop? You mean like it is constantly hunting for the proper speed all by itself? Mine does that and it is a stretched spring on the governor that is the culprit. Next time in town I am going to try and get a new one. In the mean time I cut 1/4' off the end of this one and re-made the eye to shorten/stiffen it up somewhat (works almost perfect now).

Exactly, On some motors Briggs you can bend the arm on the spring to stretch it out for adj.

Latest posts

Back