buying a tw5

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They all have auto-cycle.

The 6 way works great for those pieces that are just the right size, otherwise I find it will make little pieces or I have to do some resplitting. I mostly use the 4-way. I split larger rounds with the 4 and then resplit with the 4 for perfect firewood.

What!!!!!????

American is an excellent choice! ]

our local chainsaw shop is selling the smallest timberwolf for $3,500. much rather have my 35ton speeco for $1550 than a low end timberwolf.

Here in Wisconsin I bought my TWP1 with the grate for $2300 out the door taxes and all. Your dealer is nuts or you are mistaken!!

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
low end timberwolf was equiped with lift and table options which added $$$ to splitter... so yes it was $3,500. will check for model # next trip there... it looked pretty small to me... not familiar with all TW models, so it may not be a TWP1

this dealer is known for high prices. TW-5 with lift and table is $8k there...

Here in Wisconsin I bought my TWP1 with the grate for $2300 out the door taxes and all. Your dealer is nuts or you are mistaken!!

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
Gotta be the tw1, no way around it. I would imagine that the construction aspect is the same ideals. I know when I bought my 5 the end of the summer, I was considerring the 5fc, but you actually lose tonnage as to achieve the fc they reduce the size of the ram. I actually looked at the 6 briefly, very briefly, as it was over 10k. I was thinking of packaging firewood, and that is a great set up for doing it, needless to say I quickly changed my mind.

Part of my cost is I financed it as I was going to wait until the spring to buy a processor and figured I would establish good credit with the financing company, needless to say, the way sales are bouncing all over, not going to pursue that idea. actually bought a woodbine processor instead. Alot of the features that are included on it as standard are extra with all the other manufacturers. I am really working the sh-t out of it (80 cords in the past 8 weeks or so) so am having a few issue here and there. It definitely doesn't seem as fast as a tw, but I think construction wise it is built just as well if not better, but you can;t beat that top roll system

Tw6

I would like to find a used one. But new one is next choice. Any one pick up one lately and if so what are they going for? thanks Tim

I have a TW 6 that I bought last Dec and paid $8800. I know that's not the question you asked but thought it might give you some idea.

what about iron and oak

I was looking at their web site I was wondering if any one has the model equal to the tw5? Does it have auto down and back like timerwolfs?

I think the auto-cycle is an option on the TW5. I was looking at the TW2HD and was told it adds $595 to the price of that model.

anyone that bad mouths a timberwolf product that has never run one, is just jealous. So spend $7000 ona new Tw5, take care of it and you can sell it down the road for allmost what you paid. buy a tractor supply job for 1800 and youll lose half your money the first year.

not an expert on TW-5 prices by any means.... but the few TW-5's that do come up for sale have been priced $3k to $5k. usually with all the options, 3-4 years old with little use.

based upon the very few examples offered.... sure seems TW resale prices follow same percentage loss .... just like any other splitter.

for instance... a 22 ton speeco that sells for $1100 on sale will resell pretty quickly at $700-800 range used in good condition. at $600 will disappear within a few hours. posted on craigslist in most any major city.

anyone that bad mouths a timberwolf product that has never run one, is just jealous. So spend $7000 ona new Tw5, take care of it and you can sell it down the road for allmost what you paid. buy a tractor supply job for 1800 and youll lose half your money the first year.

A standard Timberwolf has a msrp of $5995.00 which includes hydraulic 4 way, auto-cycle valve 4" or 5" split cylinder 11hp Honda GX engine. with 4" its rated at 20 ton and 6 sec cycle time with 5" its rated at 25 ton with a 10 sec. cycle time.

Options
Hydraulic Log lift for 24" model $795.00
Hyd log lift for 36" or 48" models $895.00
6 way wedge $595.00
table grate $495.00
36" option $695.00
48" option $1195.00

The TW6 has a base price of $7695.00 and uses the same options except for the 36" and 48" options. but has increased tonnage 28 and a faster cycle time 8 sec.

All above prices are subject to freight and prep.

Used timberwolfs here at my dealership are generally resold in a day or so theirs a waiting list.....

Scott

Up here in NY everything's pretty pricey. Just saw a used TW2HD with an asking price of $3200. Don't know what options but must have quite a few because that's a lot for a used unit that retails with no options for $2895. I ordered a Super Split last week, put my 22 ton Speeco that I paid $1100 for on craigslist for $900 on Wednesday and sold it on Friday. Kinda wish I set my price a tad higher.

Up here in NY everything's pretty pricey. Just saw a used TW2HD with an asking price of $3200. Don't know what options but must have quite a few because that's a lot for a used unit that retails with no options for $2895. I ordered a Super Split last week, put my 22 ton Speeco that I paid $1100 for on craigslist for $900 on Wednesday and sold it on Friday. Kinda wish I set my price a tad higher.

New TW2HD has a retail price of $3895.00
New TW2 has a retail of $2995.00

Scott

I must have gotten bad info from TW themselves.

This is right from email I got right from the Timberwolf sales guy a couple months ago:

The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for the TW-2HD is $2,895.00 and the TW-5 is $5,995.00. These prices do not include crating charges and freight from Rutland, VT.

I must have gotten bad info from TW themselves.

This is right from email I got right from the Timberwolf sales guy a couple months ago:

The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for the TW-2HD is $2,895.00 and the TW-5 is $5,995.00. These prices do not include crating charges and freight from Rutland, VT.

Looks like a typo on the $2,895.00 you should have taken them up on that one you would of saved $1,000.00

Scott

Just out of curiosity I almost called the guy to find out more. I would have felt kind of dumb asking him why he was asking more for a used one than a new one goes for.

They are about 8k new, the T6 is 10k or more. A rip off in my opinion. I would say useds for 5k or less is the way to go. I almost bought a demo unit T5 for $6300 even the other day, but backed out when I realized what I could do with $6300. After that, I bought my Speeco for $1125 and love it, made the right decision IMO, It's all I need for 1 man operation, I did 20 facecord in one day already.

20 face cords by your self, BS. NO Way.

let me rephrase that, 20 face cord in ONE DAY. its mathamaticly possible, if you could keep going 20 hrs straight, and had a helper. I split with the TSC 35 ton job for 4 years, and the best two of could do is one face cord per hr. Short of super man, no one on this site can go for 20 hrs straight. With the TW 5 and a helper, 4 way wedge, 26 ft conveyor. One full cord an hour.(3 face cord). 5 maybe 6 hrs later, Im all done and looking at a pile with 5 or 6 full cord. So, I guess I would have to call you a person with a big imagination, short of calling you a liar

let me rephrase that, 20 face cord in ONE DAY. its mathamaticly possible, if you could keep going 20 hrs straight, and had a helper. I split with the TSC 35 ton job for 4 years, and the best two of could do is one face cord per hr. Short of super man, no one on this site can go for 20 hrs straight. With the TW 5 and a helper, 4 way wedge, 26 ft conveyor. One full cord an hour.(3 face cord). 5 maybe 6 hrs later, Im all done and looking at a pile with 5 or 6 full cord. So, I guess I would have to call you a person with a big imagination, short of calling you a liar

Many Many firewood guys can split and load via a 24' conveyor 2+ full cord per hour as long as the blocks are near the splitter I have even seen 3 full cord under perfect conditions.

The TW5 is a money making machine if you are willing to work.

Scott

Latest posts

Back