• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Buying and selling with new members...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgraham1

I feel old
Reaction score
"If seller does not have a lot of posts here....you probably shouldn't buy product. Buyer beware! AS is not responsible for deals gone bad!"

My advice... don't buy from new members. And if you're selling parts, get the money in your bank account before you ship your items. It's just not worth the risk...

"If seller does not have a lot of posts here....you probably shouldn't buy product. Buyer beware! AS is not responsible for deals gone bad!"

My advice... don't buy from new members. And if you're selling parts, get the money in your bank account before you ship your items. It's just not worth the risk...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
. yes very good advise . I'm kinda getting sick of people posting stuff that they got screwed from a member I have never heard of .

Not all new members shouldn't be trusted... Just saying. Sorry if you had a bad experience but some of us new to the site can be trustworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all new members shouldn't be trusted... Just saying. Sorry if you had a bad experience but some of us new to the site can be trustworthy.
Sorry... if someone in good standing on AS cannot vouch for you, then you can't be trusted. You may be a great guy, but you still have to earn people's trust.

Just saying "I'm trustworthy" doesn't prove anything.

I guess I missed the intro to AS that said you had to deal within a certain closed group before anyone is given a chance. I guess I may be overstepping my new guy boundaries, but it seems a little biased to me.

I guess I missed the intro to AS that said you had to deal within a certain closed group before anyone is given a chance. I guess I may be overstepping my new guy boundaries, but it seems a little biased to me.
See the quote in red in my first post? That is stated at the top of the page when you post an ad. They aren't my words... I'm not saying I won't give new members a chance. But I won't be sending out parts any more before I'm paid for them. And I probably won't buy any saws from new members. Jus sayin'.

buddy of mine has a timberwolf tw-6 with only 71hrs on it, i told him he ought to put it on here..
he's not an a/s member currently, so he was reluctant for the exact reasons the op stated..

oh, before i cet a hundred pm's about the spliter, it's a beauty, selling for 75 hundred i think ??

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Clint,

Based off of your usual easy going manner, is it safe to assume that you got burned within the last week, or so?

I've only been "stiffed" on parts here, and it was quite a while ago. Unfortunately the person in question had been a member for some time. Fortunately he hasn't been back in over a year.

Your point is very valid, as it was a nefarious pair of new members that burned Lee Harvey on a SD 166 deal at the beginning of this year.

My reputation is worth more to me than a few dollars...

Maybe I'm just pissed because one certain member with a fairly low post count has seemingly stiffed a few people on this forum... who knows, it may all work out... that's why I won't say his name... yet.

I just want people to be careful with their money/parts/saws, and be aware that although most people are honest, there are a few around here who are not. I have sold things at times when I really needed the money, and I'm just glad that now is not one of those times!

Ok boys I got a question for you. I have been an AS for awhile but still fairly new. I have delt with several members on here so I feel I have a good reputation. However I have a couple saws for sale on here. How do you handle trades? Especially when your product is worth more than theres.

Been stiffed once for parts. I paid and never received. Showed my side of the story threw Pm's an the member has been locked since the last I checked. Being stiffed isn't just a concern here, it's everywhere a deal is made. On AS obviously more of a risk, but it's a risk every single one of us takes regardless of "reputations". Sorry for the burn Clint.

Ok boys I got a question for you. I have been an AS for awhile but still fairly new. I have delt with several members on here so I feel I have a good reputation. However I have a couple saws for sale on here. How do you handle trades? Especially when your product is worth more than theres.

If worth/value of the respective items is mutually agreed to be unequal then it should be relatively easy to make up the difference with PayPal.
If both parties are not in agreement on worth/value, then no deal should be made.

Out of curiosity, what are the saws being traded, and what is the working, and cosmetic condition of each saw?

If worth/value of the respective items is mutually agreed to be unequal then it should be relatively easy to make up the difference with PayPal.
If both parties are not in agreement on worth/value, then no deal should be made.

Out of curiosity, what are the saws being traded, and what is the working, and cosmetic condition of each saw?
Ok I didn't know if maybe you used PayPal to pay for his saw and he did the same or one of you made up the difference. Does that make any sense at all. Lol. The one I had offers on is a ms441 in very nice condition. Had several offers of other saws plus boot.

Latest posts

Back