• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Buying and selling with new members...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I didn't know if maybe you used PayPal to pay for his saw and he did the same or one of you made up the difference. Does that make any sense at all. Lol. The one I had offers on is a ms441 in very nice condition. Had several offers of other saws plus boot.

Trades are tricky because the respective owner's going to value his stuff higher than the other guy. If it's a nice 441 you should just wait for an all cash buyer. You're only a short time away from firewood cutting season. Just my $0.02.

Ok boys I got a question for you. I have been an AS for awhile but still fairly new. I have delt with several members on here so I feel I have a good reputation. However I have a couple saws for sale on here. How do you handle trades? Especially when your product is worth more than theres.

That's something I've puzzled about myself. I think the guy offering an item should be treated the same as a cash deal. The buyer sends the money OR the item before he gets his item.

I'm sorry to read you got burned Clint. Hey since you have sold me stuffs does that mean I'm not a new guy anymore?

"If seller does not have a lot of posts here....you probably shouldn't buy product. Buyer beware! AS is not responsible for deals gone bad!"

My advice... don't buy from new members. And if you're selling parts, get the money in your bank account before you ship your items. It's just not worth the risk...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Gee you been here less than a year and are entitled to a rant like that? I'm a little taken aback here not that I would buy anything online from a stranger, but I read what buys and sells in here all the time. The prices are much higher than what is available locally for the same quality. I don't see the advantage in it in the first place. Man you musta really got burnt.

Ok boys I got a question for you. I have been an AS for awhile but still fairly new. I have delt with several members on here so I feel I have a good reputation. However I have a couple saws for sale on here. How do you handle trades? Especially when your product is worth more than theres.
Usually my gut tells me that someone wants to trade because their goods don't have the legs to sell outright. Too risky in my book....

Wow I am a A.S. member over a year . That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. Even with a full year some don't respect a mans word . If you are going to buy something or sell something. So really what does it matter . I'm not trying to piss off anyone either. Clint I hope you get your dough
Ty
Chris

yall boys dont get this thread locked b4 I can add my 2 cents.;) Headed out the door. This should be a interesting/informative thread for the evening.

You call that a rant? o_O

If a guy says he's gonna do something and then he doesn't, what does it matter if it's $1 or $1000? It's called integrity... And some folks just ain't got it. If that wrinkles your panties, I'm sorry. ;)

Uh panties? Do you think you'd say that to a man in person boy? I'm not the one crying about getting screwed on a saw and expecting community alignment. But the world doesn't revolve around me. We'll be happy to square you up on the panty comment whenever you think you are ready.

like it says in my sig
IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!!!!
take a chill pill boys.

what+a+bunch+of+noobs+they+just+waited+for+the+_423017ce856531eee1e6a92649bd9558.jpg

I love internet pissing matches. Even more than piss revving matches.

You're not supposed to drink it. Is he gonna get his money back. Five bucks says he don't.

I mean what is this garbage.

Sorry... if someone in good standing on AS cannot vouch for you, then you can't be trusted. You may be a great guy, but you still have to earn people's trust.

Just saying "I'm trustworthy" doesn't prove anything.

And why is it in my beloved trading post? Grow up Craig.

I got screwed by a member with a fairly low post count this summer. He had a bunch of parts, enough to build maybe two saws, one for sure with a lot of spares.

He did send some stuff, maybe half of what he showed pictures of. Junk basically. The thread was deleted and the pictures gone the next day. There's more to it, but it don't matter. I pm'd him and heard nothing. That's the first time I really got stiffed here and I've gotten and sent a lot of parts in the last few years. Gotta be careful.

Back