• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Buying and selling with new members...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY!!! get it right, we're appalachian american rednecks.:laugh:

AAR....i like it...y'all need a "Card" ....so you can be "card carrying AAR members" !!!!

we used to call all the Pennsyltuckians "Dutchies" when I was edjumacated in Kutztown
and "Heeba Hobins"...which i later found out to be a derogatory name in Dutch/Amish...

i heard that o8f150 is a real turd bucket,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now on a serious note,, it takes time to prove yourself,,,, there are many people on here i trust 100% and would ship an item or saw to them even if they havent paid yet,,, granted i dont do a lot of selling on here,,, i am not saying anything against any one but i am some what leery of people that has only been a member for a very short time,,, i have seen some brand new members start selling stuff right out of the gate,,, for me,,,, i trust my gut

Just a reminder of why we're here... This is part of the statement posted at the top of the main Tradin' Post page...

"If seller does not have a lot of posts here....you probably shouldn't buy product. Buyer beware! AS is not responsible for deals gone bad!"

I have bought and sold and traded with only one problem that I had paypal open a case and got my money returned to me.

I click on sellers names, read their profile, read their posts/started threads and figure out who knows the seller. You can do recon work and figure out what kind of people they are or what they have sold.

Sellers with low post counts are a risk. I would only do small dollar amounts with low post count sellers. On another forum, you have to sell several small items before anyone would even think of buying a high dollar item.

If I really wanted an item from a low post count seller, a phone call would dictate the sale.

I would gladly buy off the site given the right buyer/seller protection ... As most of for sale items seem to be located in the U.S postage can be an issued !!!

Back