Buying and selling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmguywithasaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Is it just me or dose it seem like the art of the haggle is being lost. If I want to buy something I often make a somewhat low offer, expecting a somewhat high counteroffer, then I offer what I think they really want and so forth. A lot of times now especially with everything online now a days you just get a nope or nothing.

I think the art of being cordial is what's been lost....

For me, a big part of it is there's too many tire kickers out there.
If I'm selling online I advertise with great detail. I've lost track of the times I've been contacted with a question that would have been answered if they simply would have slowed down and read the listing.
Then you have people that have no real desire to buy what I am selling but have 10 questions to ask before they ghost me.

The ghosting is what annoys me. Say you're not interested like an adult. Spend the 30 seconds to send a text saying you won't be there so I don't spend half an hour driving to the meeting spot.

I flip generators, and now we meet 5 minutes from my house at a store, and I don't even leave my place until they say they're waiting for me. I'd meet farther away if they PayPal me the $$$ first, but no one has yet. I don't blame them either.

That’s exactly what I mean. I once had a guy who supposed to show up 3 times to buy hay and not show up or even phone. He showed up with his tractor and a trailer he just bought and was 5 feet wide, same as the bales. Hthought he was going to get ten bales on this thing and I said you’re only going to get 5. The real kicker as he was heading to the barn it ****in fell off because he had the wrong ball on it

That’s exactly what I mean. I once had a guy who supposed to show up 3 times to buy hay and not show up or even phone. He showed up with his tractor and a trailer he just bought and was 5 feet wide, same as the bales. Hthought he was going to get ten bales on this thing and I said you’re only going to get 5. The real kicker as he was heading to the barn it ****in fell off because he had the wrong ball on it

That's why we never meet at my place. I don't stick around and **** (that's c h i t) chat, we're not buddies, I don't care about the score of the last football game they watched, their pet hamster's favorite hobbies, or if their truck won't start or trailer catches fire afterwards. Not letting their problems become my problems.

Latest posts

Back