CAD and MS 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstill361

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well im just a firewood cutter but I cut allot of it and some pretty big stuff at that. Ive got a 361 that covers most of my needs, and the jred 910 for the really big stuff. Ive also got the 025 for limbs, and a few more that sit on the shelf. Well Im getting a really bad itch for the 460 with 25" B/C! I dont need it but I just cant stop thinkn about it, especialy since I have my tax refund in hand. I mean you cant have to many toys right?

If you cut wood to sell, you could buy the saw "for the business". I see nothing wrong with having another saw.

Good idea, to help smooth it over with the wife, I can say I want to sell a few loads here and there and I need it for the "business"

Well im just a firewood cutter but I cut allot of it and some pretty big stuff at that. Ive got a 361 that covers most of my needs, and the jred 910 for the really big stuff. Ive also got the 025 for limbs, and a few more that sit on the shelf. Well Im getting a really bad itch for the 460 with 25" B/C! I dont need it but I just cant stop thinkn about it, especialy since I have my tax refund in hand. I mean you cant have to many toys right?

It sounds like you need to either get a ms460 or a 7900 Dolmar. And then get rid of the 025 and get a ms260, 346xp, or Dolmar 5100.

Mine rocks, same setup as you describe 25"es bar and a 20" hardnose. Its real fun with the 20 and an 8 pin rim. FAST is the only word to describe it.

It sounds like you need to either get a ms460 or a 7900 Dolmar. And then get rid of the 025 and get a ms260, 346xp, or Dolmar 5100.

Yea, I dont care much for the 025, its real fussy with the carb settings. I thought about replacing the 20" on the 361 with a 16" or 18" and the 025 will probably sit in the truck.

Yea, I dont care much for the 025, its real fussy with the carb settings. I thought about replacing the 20" on the 361 with a 16" or 18" and the 025 will probably sit in the truck.

Well there ya go. I personally will run a 16'' bar on just about anything. Lighter, less teeth to sharpen, easier to keep out of the dirt etc. The CAD has yet to set hold, just wait.

I'm happy with 16" on my 361's but the 18" has better balance, 16" on the jred2171 is a blast but it is way off balance .
Hot big saws are great and you can get faster production which is good for the bizz (so I tell my wife) .
:cheers:

I took teachernans ms460 for a spin this weekend and I loved it. If I had some extra tax money I would sure buy one.

You're asking people on here for help with CAD?

....if you're doing that you may as well go into the nearest Stihl shop and empty your wallet on the counter.

(in other words, go for it :greenchainsaw: )

....if you're doing that you may as well go into the nearest Stihl shop and empty your wallet on the counter.

YEP!

Lets face it, regardless of what brought us here, or keeps us here, we all have cad, and chatting with each other about it just exacerbates it, so if your asking me.........
DO IT!!!!!!!!
:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:
Feed the CAD

So, I think me and the wife are going to look at the 460 on Sat. What kind of price can I expect to pay with a 28" b/c, and what are some of the prices you guys have walked out the door with your MS 460?

Its the same here too, but not everybody pays the retail price. Usually they throw in a couple chains and a case and or sell under the retail price.

Back