Can I mix oils

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got tractor fluid you can if that's what it takes. If it needs hydraulic oil I wouldn't. Add hydraulic oil.

Tractor hydraulic, hydraulic, tranny fluid.. they all will work. I don't like mixing them, but my splitters have been running for years and hundreds of cords of wood on whatever we had handy of the three. The pumps on these things aren't too picky. I won't do it in my heavy equipment, but I will on a splitter.

I'll never run universal tractor fluid in something that doesn't call for it again. .. The tsc stuff cost me dearly but this was in heavy equipment not a splitter...

if your spliter takes hydrulic oil stopby a tractor dealer and pick up a jug . the hydraulic oil in tractors is far better then the stock stuff that the spliter comes with

Worst that can happen is you might have to change all of it.some of the oils foam when they mix.happened on a case/Ih tractor my cousin was working on one day.

Latest posts

Back