Can Someone Give Me an Age/Date for a Husky 266 SE/XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morewood

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My older neighbor has a 266 he bought new. The tag says SE but the top cover says XP. No, he didn't replace the top cover. Just wondering which it is and when it was built, he was asking me if I could find out. I would appreciate the help.

attachment.php

Thanks.

Shea

You'll have to wait for one of the Husky gurus to come along and say for sure, but I was told the "SE" was the fore-runner of the "XP", and both designations meant the same thing. In other words, a 266 SE is the same as a 266 XP, which might explain why it says SE in one spot and XP in another.

Edit: It's a good, strong saw.

You'll have to wait for one of the Husky gurus to come along and say for sure, but I was told the "SE" was the fore-runner of the "XP", and both designations meant the same thing. In other words, a 266 SE is the same as a 266 XP, which might explain why it says SE in one spot and XP in another.

Edit: It's a good, strong saw.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the late production 266se was the same saw as the 266xp, and it fits well that a 1987 weel 36 saw is marked in that way, as they were at bit slow on changing those tags.
The model designation changed before that (about 1986-04), so it clearly is a 266xp, despite what the number tag says.
It doesn't really matter though, as the main change to the 266 happened in 1985, when they got a different (larger?) carb. The earlier ones shared the carb with the 162se and the 61 (HS163).

Latest posts

Back